Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for you striper types

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mytlo56, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Where online can I find a striping gallery w/ simple designs to practice? A lot of the stuff in the auto mag.'s is pretty complex for a beginner.

Thanks

2. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

check the mack site...has a cool gallery

3. k-member

k-member

Try doing some over a stencil first. I always thought that was cheatin, till I saw a few folks doin it. Practice,practice, practice..

4. kustomolds

kustomolds

5. Ant B.

Ant B.

Buy the book by John Huckaine (sp) I got it when I first started and it's a great introduction.

Fialing that jsut look at pictures of striping you like then freestyle it from memory rather than copying. I can't copy someone elses designs at all.

6. Ant B.

Ant B.

7. Get some Stabilo pencils,White and Blue.
    Lightly sketch out a design ,then just follow the lines,and paint right over it.

8. Thanks fellas. Got the Hannukaine book. It's pretty good. Also spoke w/ Junior Nelson (real talented local PNW striper) who said he would help me out a bit. K-member, let's get together some time and you can show me your stencil magic. I'll provide the beer & 1 shot.

I gotta' tell ya' guys, this striping business is tough as nails. I am enjoying the fact that each time I pick up the brush I see subtle improvement...but they're subtle for sure.

It will be quite a while before I have the nerve to post anything on here, but I'm enjoying it and that's what counts I suppose.

Thanks