Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for posting a tech week article.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Drewski, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Drewski

Drewski

I'm working on a tech article for the upcoming contest and it brings up a question that probably has a simple answer.

I've noticed that some of the members manage to post their entire tech article without getting any remarks until they are finished. Are they composing their information offline in something like Microsoft Word and doing a copy paste to the Hamb site?

I've done some searches without success regarding how this might be done.

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry if this turns out to be a Dumb A$$ question!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

If you know how many posts it will take to complete the write up you can reply to your own original post multiple times "holding" the replies. Then you can go back and edit your replies adding the info you want. You do have to include something in the reply or it wont allow a empty reply. Most use ....

3. 117harv

117harv

Yes i have seen that done^^^^ or post in the small hours when most are sleeping.

4. Drewski

Drewski

I guess that it really doesn't matter. I just thought it might be a better article without replies occurring between posted tech info.

Posting in the wee hours of the morning might be the ticket. Seems to be mostly our friends from down under at that time of morning.

Thanks
    Drew

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Ive seen guys just post "please dont comment until the thread is complete" so it wont be all broken up. Of course Ive also seen people that cant read ignore it and do the whole "theres no pictures, I cant see shit" Bit before the OP gets a chance to finish the tech thread.