Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for metal flakers....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jasonic, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Jasonic

Jasonic

I am attempting to shoot my first metalflake job. Practicing small before I tackle something important.

Question is this... I have a 1.3mm nozzle on my gun, should I go with a larger nozzle, perhaps a 2mm or will I be alright with what I have?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks.

Jasonic

2. What size flake ave you got?

Some stuff is so small it doesn't matter,other stuff needs a garden hose.

3. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Depends on size of metal flake youre using? You could maybe play it safe, go with the 2 mm and slightly increase pressure if there's gathering at the nozzle.

4. DrJ

DrJ

If you don't want to make an absolute possibly permanent mess in your garage and the next mile and a half of neighborhood down wind, spray it in someone elses spray booth! [​IMG]

5. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I used like a 1.9 nozzle with the normal sized stuff, it really depends on what kind your spraying. Never heard of anyone using a tip that small though. an dthe shit will be EVERYWHERE wherever you spray it. so if you do it in your shop, be sure to cover stuff you don't want it in. We had to change every filter in the booth after I did my roof and dash.

6. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Hey Jason,

Just lay the clear on, then stand back and throw flake on it. Dont tell me your painting a vespa all flakey???

-Jason

7. Jasonic

Jasonic

No, I'm not wasting any flake on a scoot, been thinking about shooting the roof silver. Almost finished with body work, gotta wet sand one more coat of primer, then it is off tto othe races. Finally found the colors, it's go time.

J

8. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

Talk to Donnie..aka Lownslow...

he is a metalflake master..!!

9. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

OK, thats good to hear. I have the tip for the spraygun to shoot flake. Let me know when your going to do it.
    *WAIT*
    You were wanting to do it down here huh???

-Jason