Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for Django

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C9, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Thought I'd start a new post cuz the license plate post takes a while to load up.

Anyhoo ... what is the grille insert in the primered 32 roadster in the old license plate post?
    Pickup, accessory?
    I kinda like it.

Looks like they would be hard to find.
    Anybody re-popping this one?

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's a winter grill passenger car accessory to close off the radiator in the cold. They're big bucks IF you can find one. I've never seen one on a truck. Actually the only ones I've ever seen were for a '32 or a '36.

3. Two-Gun Bob

Two-Gun Bob

It is a Pines Winterfront radiator cover. I think that they were usually controlled thermostatically like
    a mechanical choke and also had manual controls. I have seen them also made for low-radiator (pre-mid-1923)
    Model T's. They are used like the canvas winterfronts that you see snapped on the grilles of big trucks in
    the winter to help keep the radiator from being exposed directly to the cold air.

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    Here's mine. I always thought it was strange to put one on a roadtser. I doubt they sold may winter fronts in California and probably no too many roadters in Minnesota. [​IMG]