Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about the HAMB drags

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 47Plym, May 20, 2005.

1. Somewhere I have managed to miss the exact date of the drags at the MOKAN strip near Joplin. So, could anyone please inform the uninformed? And.....I gather the group will not be staying at the Ramada Inn this year......so has anyone chosen another motel? Although I live in Joplin, I am looking forward to seeing some great cars and meeting more good folks from this group. (Finally got to meet JimC at last week's Webb City cruise-in---we kept missing each other at previous events.) Think I'll tune up the ol Plym and see if it will run down the strip. Is there a class for 6 cyl, original type cars? Bob http://images.mysticcolorlab.com/3439847923232fp7>nu=3232>675>;8:>2323675<7;864ot1lsi

2. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I really want to make it this year, It might be time to start planing the trip and working out the details.

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Weekend of Aug 27th. Kinda hopin' it'll be a night race again, but haven't heard.

BIG ASS load of fun, no matter what you have under the hood.

-Abone.

PS. What's the deal with Ramada? Were we politely asked not to return, or somethin'???

4. One fellow told me that a motel guest complained to management about noise or some such....and the desk clerk went to talk with whomever was in charge of the group. So, I don't know if there was a request not to return......or thats just one man's supposition. I didn't personally see any problems, but I was inside playing the gig in the lounge during the evening. When I came outside at about 1 am everyone was quietly visiting and having a good time. So, I don't know the real answer, but passing along what little I know. Bob