Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about sticker adhesive for YOM plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saxman, Nov 20, 2010.

  1. I purchased a set of really nice original, DMV clear, CA plates for my '58. These are the '56 gold with black letter plates. I also have an original '58 sticker that I removed from another plate. This should be everything I need to register the plates to my truck as YOM.

    My question is, what should I use to attach the sticker on my plates as far as adhesive? I have heard that the hot ticket is some kind of double-sided 3M tape. It sounds very similar to the material the stickers are made of, only double-sided. Has anyone heard of this tape? If so, where can I find it? Have you used anything else? Tell me what's worked for you.

  2. Acme Speed Shop
    Joined: Mar 31, 2007
    Posts: 1,755

    Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

    I have the stuff you need. It is called VHB tape (very high bond) and your particular application needs to one with the celophane carrier. PM me your address and I will mail you a piece.

  3. Thanks John! I really appreciate it!

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.