Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Question About (or to Owners of) Frank Wallic Bomber Seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crazycasey, Dec 11, 2021.

1. As per usual, I’m a little late to the party. I just stumbled upon Frank Wallic’s GORGEOUS “Bomber” Seats, but it seems that Frank is no longer in the business of making them…

And well, that actually might work out in my favor, because I’m not really interested in buying something that I could potentially make myself, and seeing as how Frank is NOT producing these seats anymore, I won’t really feel much guilt in basing my seat design off of his own.

But there is one aspect of Frank’s general aesthetic that I am curious about…and I can’t really figure it out by studying the few pictures online. The “How-To” article that Frank did for Street Rodder (https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1211sr-building-bomber-seats) mentions a “secret edge molding” technique that looks similar to a wire-formed edge, but judging by the shrinker marks, I think it is probably an aluminum extrusion, and therefore probably much easier to pull off.

F6182546-D6D2-47D0-91A5-0F008C7A3BFD.jpeg

Anybody with a pair of these seats care to weigh in on how this edge might be made? Anybody else stumble upon a split bead aluminum extrusion with one long leg that could be shrink/stretched around a sheet edge?

Thanks,

Casey