Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about air bags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jasonpickett, Aug 8, 2010.

1. jasonpickett

jasonpickett

I was wondering do most of you guy who has bags. Do you use manual valves, electric valves, or a valve block. I am trying to figure out how I want to go. I don't want to do fbss, nor do I want it to be extremely fast. I would just like to raise/lower front and rear. Any input would be appreciated. Also what size do you think I shou go with 1/4, 3/8, or 1/2.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. electric valves by far....i had blitzluft valves for a while, they tended to leak a bit but i liked them, now i think i have parker valves.

3. cretin

cretin

I use electric valves and like them alot. I have 1/2" fill lines with 3/8" dumps and am happy with the speed, but you may have a lighter car that would move faster. I would tell you to go on the bigger end on lines because you can always put a restrictor in the line to slow it down if it moves too fast for you

4. jasonpickett

jasonpickett

It will be on a chevy pickup

5. sawzall

sawzall

I use good oldpaddle valves and 1/4 air line
    my sedan has had the same valves since 1998 and never had an issue
    it's kinda slow goin up or down but likeyiu the Adjustability is all I wanted

6. even though you don't want the fbss action you are still going to need 8 valves total because if you don't the car will handle like $hit because the air preassure will bleed from from one side to the other.. so basically the fbss action will be just a few extra switches...

7. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I've had Parker electric valves in my 49 for 6 years now with no issues, like the other bloke right above me said just get an 8 valve system as your ride will suffer if you do not.

I also didn't want FBSS However I did the research and realized that and installed it....while I rarely mess around with the side to side I do use it to level the truck when you have odd weighted loads in it...It's nice to have, the only thing I really do mess with is the front to back, nice to have a tail dragger sometimes and a rake other times.

8. Kitty

Kitty

an 8 valve set up will also allow you to "limp home" provided you have a bag blow out. granted, it wont be the best drive home, but it will get you there a lot better than just having control over the front and back (4 valves) instead of each individual corner (8 valves)

a lot of the guys building mini trucks are using SMC valves, which are electric. I'm a big fan of them as well.

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

SMC Valves. Front & Back Only. 3/8" isn't too slow, nor too fast. I always use a 1/4" SMC valve as a water drain for the tank too, easier than trying to get to the tank drain ;)

10. SMC 8 valves, I perfer 3/8'' let me know if you need any we have the best price on them

11. JGore99

JGore99