Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Question about 42-48 Ford dash trim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 24riverview, Jan 17, 2018.

1. 24riverview

24riverview

Bought the chrome dash trim from Dennis Carpenter for a customers car. It had some very some minor flaws that I thought I could live with till I noticed a small pit in the left side when I was fitting to the dash (wasn't the greatest fit either). It was Vintique brand. This is going back, so my question is am I better off to buy Bob Drake (who is currently out of stock) or just have Carpenters send me another? Just thought maybe someone had dealt with this before and could offer an opinion.

2. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

I got mine from Speedway, they too are IMG_0978[2306].jpg Vintique pieces, real nice finish, fit good.

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Mine’s vintique just like every body else’s. I think you just got the luck of the draw and got a crummy one. It happens. Send it back and order from who ever you like.

4. I have the colored one in mine from Vintique, chrome was too shiney.

5. 24riverview

24riverview

Wished I would have noticed that before, slightly cheaper too.

Wondered if that wasn't what happened here, good to hear there are decent ones.

My opinion also but not my car.
    Thank you all for the replies.

6. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought the trim for my 47 from Bob Drake and the stuff was very nice. Have no experience with the Vintique stuff and sold the car a couple y ears ago.