Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Question - 41 Ford guys & Ford Woodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ-IRON, Apr 19, 2014.

1. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

update just got back from the estate sale the Ford parts were Sold
    you snooze you lose i guess

yesterday came across what i think are 41 Ford NOS passenger fenders
    Ford tags are wired on the red oxide parts
    the upper has a headlight opening & lower larger part
    also with this group Woodie top slats

not sure if reproduction fenders on the market or these are real Henry's
    will the fenders fit other 41 model cars assuming the fenders are for a Woodie?

the parts are at a estate sale not sure if they will be there today

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. 41 car fenders fit all 41 cars. 3 piece fender is early and 2 piece is late

3. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Thanks for the information

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Maybe "41woodie" will respond. I am pretty sure his experience is that woodie fenders are different.

5. 39wagon

39wagon

Front fenders are pretty much the same (standard and deluxe not withstanding) but the rear fenders are unique to woodies only.

6. 41woodie

41woodie

39 Wagon is correct on the rear fenders. As to the fronts, several years ago I was interested in purchasing a frame-mounted drop down battery box that mounted in the front wheel well. In looking at the photos I couldn't figure out how it would work so I called the vendor. It turns out that his product would not work on woodies. I'm not sure if the difference was the bottom of the cowl or the fender but he knew for sure what I was thinking, that it wouldn't fit properly. If the difference is the cowl it's likely that the convertibles would be the same but I don't know that for sure.
    So there are some differences in that area but I don't know if it's the fender or cowl.

7. I've got a set of fenders off a 41 woodie and they look the same as the ones I've got on my coupe other than the woodies being 3 piece and the coupe being 2 piece. haven't checked to see if there is a difference between the inner fenders. maybe there different but I wouldn't think so.