Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quarter glass removal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordmonsta, May 7, 2020.

1. fordmonsta

fordmonsta
    from conway, ar

I'm working on my 1955 ford mainline 2dr, I've ordered new side glass and all the glass channel fuzzies. I got the door glass and vent windows out no problem. How in the world does the quarter glass come out? I've got the channel guides all removed, but cant get the glass finagled enough to free the rollers.

2. Rand Man

Rand Man

I assume you have removed the bolts that hold the glass onto the window regulator mechanism. Glass is stuck in the window opening?

3. fordmonsta

fordmonsta
    from conway, ar

Yea I've removed the 4 bolts that hold the regulator assembly to the car. I havent found any others. Just the rollers all holding it.

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

Well, I hoped someone else would answer (that actually knows what they’re doing). I need to do this on my ‘53 Ford, and they are probably built the same.

Don’t mean to pick your words apart, but the regulator assembly stays on the car, and the glass slides out the top ha, ha.

5. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

The rollers have little clips that hold them to the post on the regulator arm. Pull the clips out, the arm slides off the roller. To put back in, assemble the rollers with the clips. Put the rollers in the window channel, slide the window in place, crank the arms to the "sweat" spot and push the arms into the rollers.

bobss396 and Rand Man like this.