Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quarter Eliptic spings & Cross steering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Split Bones, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Split Bones

Split Bones

Before you all say ...do a search....I have ...heaps of times ....and yes there is a lot of great stuff on Quarter eliptic suspensions setups.....but I havent been able to find anything on this setup ..using cross steering......can it be done ? or am I barking up the wrong tree with this idea ... any input would be great ....

2. twofosho

twofosho

Even if you're using the springs as an axle locating device, if they're triangulated with the other control arms you can probably get away with it, but why chance it, just run a panhard rod. Lots of info out there on setting one up and yes you can start your research with past HAMB threads.

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

It's not necessary, but would take a lot of potential slop out of the front end. I'm not sure what twofosho was refering to when he asked why take a chance. There isn't a particular safety or function issue. The side loading will be no more than any leaf spring rear in a hard corner. Study Posie's Thunder Road if you want to see an ideal arrangement.

Attached Files:

• 49.jpg
      49.jpg
      File size:
      37 KB
      Views:
    • 75.jpg
      75.jpg
      File size:
      41.5 KB
      Views: