Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quality Brake Parts 50's Fords?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dano1930, Jul 14, 2013.

1. dano1930

dano1930

Hey guys need some new wheel cylinders for my '57 ford custom 300, the brakes need a freshen up so I want to do wheel cylinders and shoes. Ive seen alot of cylinders around, but they dont say "made in USA" so one would assume they are from china. If I have to use them, then I have to use them but thought id check to see if you guys knew of some quality ones can be bought, dont wanna skimp on brakes.

2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This probably won't work anymore, but about 10 years ago, I needed wheel cylinders for my '51 Ford. I went to NAPA and ordered all the warehouse had. I got 23 wheel cylinders, and when I got them sorted out, I kept the 7 "Made in USA" ones and returned the one made in Mexico, Isreal (??), Spain (WTF?), and other such places. I replaced my cylinders and now have a stock of USA made ones.

3. Just got wheel cylinders and master cylinder from NAPA some US some China. But they all look good. Keeping my fingers crossed. May have to rebuild my old parts if this stuff does not work well. As I said the china cylinders almost look better than the US ones:eek:

4. BLUDICE

BLUDICE