Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Quain Stott Willys build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Quain Stott, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Damn, that's a driver there!!

2. Impressive driving there. I had to change my own shorts after watching.:D

3. Russman69

Russman69
    from MI

Wow! What a ride! That made my butt cheeks hurt. Still looked like fun though. Nothin like 8000 rpm wheelies!

4. CGkidd

CGkidd

Thanks for the CG info. I am building my ladder bars and brackets on my studebaker and am muddling through it.

5. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I just saw that on BangShift. SUPER impressive driving.

6. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Enloe I have meet with the Knoxville track crew and we are going to cancel the race for this year. We could not come up with a date that would work for both of us. All rain checks will be good for next year or most any race this year.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

That's cool will you guys be coming to Commerce?

8. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I think we may be bringing 8 cars from our group to the Atlanta 10,000 October 10 and 11 but not to the one in September. We will be in Ware Shoals SC this Saturday.

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I will see you in oct.

Quain Stott likes this.
  10. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The rain out at Ware Shoals Dragway in SC will be ran this Saturday September 27th. Don't miss the South East Gassers in action.

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Quain,
    Do you have any Grand Illusion t-shirts? I was hoping to buy a couple or do some trading on a couple at Commerce this Saturday

II FUNNY likes this.
  12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Or how about some Stott speed shop shirts.

beebee78, enloe and tylercrawford like this.
  13. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The South East Gassers will have 8 cars from the group at the Atlanta dragway this Saturday October 11th. My willys from this build thread will be one of them along with Gene Cromer and the Moonlighter (another build thread on the hamb) This will be the only chance to see the South east gassers in Atlanta this year so don't miss it.

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

No we haven't done any shirts yet. See you there hope you bring some magazines.

15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am going to bring a truckload.

16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'll spend all day at your truck.

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Awesome a "Celebrity Attraction" :)

18. BAD A

BAD A

Do you know why Gene Fulton sold the willy??? I was looking forward, to coming to some races, and watching Gene race.

19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

That's a long story. He built the car and didn't pay much attention to the rules for the class or should I say he payed to close attention LOL. If you know Gene you know he tries to make everything better and boy did he on this project. Anyway the car would not pass the strict rules the South East Gassers have on era correctness. It was going to be too much trouble to make it right so he sold it. I think he's going to help Bobby Bennett finish up a modern day chevy 2 wagon to run comp, he can pull out all the stops on this one. Not sure when that will be maybe next year.

20. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

That's a bummer, but I honestly can't see how anybody can blame you for sticking to your guns. The rules are posted and they are pretty straight forward. You are also VERY easy to reach and quick to help people with their builds. Hell, I'm thrilled just to see somebody stand up for something these days and not cave to the masses. Let 'em eat rocks.

II FUNNY likes this.
  21. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Having problem's now with a few of the tracks around here trying to flood the marked, having a Gasser race of some sort every other month. We have worked so hard to build it up in the last few years, but some of the tracks want to run it in the ground. Same thing that happened to every other class in dragracing, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Well I may be overly enthusiastic, but I can't imagine folks losing interest with your show after watching other events. In my mind, that would only make SEG that much more desirable to watch because most of the other stuff....well...sucks. I mean I don't think a car has to have a stick to be a gasser or even cool (not that I think you do either), but damned if it ain't more fun to watch! I just imagine people sitting in the stands going,"He's fast, but the "Night Stalker" is faster!"....."yeah and it's a stick shift" or "What's wrong with that car??!"..."Oh that's a 2-step"...."2 step..huh..I heard about that..think Travolta did it in Urban Cowboy"..

Sure you can have too much of a good thing, but luckily only YOU have that good thing.
    I look at SEG like prime rib and everything else is just a pre-dinner salad. :D

58grump and enloe like this.
  23. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Shady Side has had 3 gasser races since May when we were there and the crowd has gotten smaller every time even tho the weather was bad when we were there in may but perfect weather the other 2 show's. Most fans only hear Gasser when a race is advertised so they went back thinking it was us and seen a bad show twice. Now fast forward to next year when we go back the crowd will be even smaller again and the track operator is going to think it's us. It's like going to a eating joint and getting bad food it's hard to ever go back again, and if I don't miss my guess it is going to kill all Gasser racing in the area in just a few years.

24. BAD A

BAD A

Hate to here that. I live in the Nashville Tenn' area. And me and the wife, have traveled, to several of your races. We just love it.

25. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Is SEG big enough to tell a track owner (sounds like only shadyside?) that you guys will stop running there if they don't change things?

26. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Just keep bringing the heat man, they'll come. You get those diggers together and you'll have to start the QHRA.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Damn it man.....wish there was more of that in my neck of the woods. With all the sound bites, video clips, and straight up good looking racers in your organization..........a well rehearsed social media banzai campaign would do a lot I'll bet. It's hard to whip up costly commercials or advertising, for radio and TV play........but maybe Twitter/Facebook?Youtube/Instagram on blast would help ?
    Yeah, I know.....kinda' makes me cringe typing all the shit I hate.........but look at all the mickey mouse clowns tapping that stuff to their advantage. I wouldn't call it "selling out" to anything, if it helps sell out some really cool ass car shows. And to be honest, just lifting hoods in the pit area is a show in itself. Let alone the racing action. Holy hell, talk about Technicolor 3D World of Omaha Wide World of Sports Battlestar Galactica shit. Doesn't get better then what you guys do.....and it's a damn shame some of the tracks don't get their stuff together about it.

tylercrawford likes this.
  28. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

x2

I think the SEG "show" is the best around in the southeast and I really can see it getting larger than it even is now.

I know there is a definite fine line between overexposure and still being "cool" but I think there is certainly room for more of a marketable presence for Time Traveler, LLC or whatever the name is behind the Southeast Gassers. I know the group is already on facebook but doing Instagram and a few youtube teaser trailers would be pretty easy. Do a shirt or two . . . etc. Basically market what is there now a little more and use that to define to new tracks (and potentially small sponsorships without selling out) what SEG is about, and apparently clear it up with Shadyside and its audience.

The bean dip quote about the Quain Hot Rod Association probably isn't that far off IMO. 2015 should include a handful more period as possible gassers and we'll see if the FED thing gets off the ground. Having 15-20 car gasser fields and 5-10 front engine dragsters would be a serious nostalgia show especially given its core strength with is the appearance over most everything.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    enloe likes this.
  29. Shady Side...:(

30. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I haven't seen y'all run since last year, except a pass or two from the staging lanes in Union but y'all are always fun to watch. What's the deal with the other gasser group(s)? Are they slow? Ugly? Not entertaining (no show...dry hops paint jobs wheelies etc? I haven't been to Shady Side to see any of the gasser shows. Thanks.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!