Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Quain Stott Willys build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Quain Stott, Aug 27, 2012.

1. catdad49

catdad49

Time Warp and a Half! Non Hamb people are really in for a shock. Great look for the new season.

2. OldColt

OldColt

The 37-42 Willys Coupes are really high at the hood line.
    Look at Gene Cromer's Moonlighter here with a big block Ford and Long stacks. CromerInjectors.jpg

--- Steve ---

3. The new name fits and the work looks top notch, nice change and now to keep it off the walls !

4. nicky64chevy

nicky64chevy

Look's great Quain. I don't know why but I had a feeling that you would go with the Grand Illusion name.

5. Now you see him... Now you don't
    Turning headlights to taillights

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  6. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

7. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

8. Thanks Quain. HRP

9. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Quain, just a note to thank you for your hospitality on our visit. My wife and I dropped in on Quain unannounced and he was gracious enough to drop what he was doing and give us the shop tour, even to the point of rolling the Willys out of the trailer for some pictures. We declined his offer to camp out by the pond and pitch in some lures. We're from Arizona and Quain and Cynthia made us feel like neighbors. Thanks so much for a memorable visit.

10. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I enjoyed y'all coming by and hanging out. Hope you can make it back some day, maybe take in one of our South East Gasser race's. Don't forget we are going to be in Bryon Ill for the meltdown drags this month, maybe another road trip.

11. Awesome car Quain. I'm a recent fan, having stumbled on the 41 Willys Gene Cromer build. You are one hell of a talent, but more so....your attitude is jaw dropping. It may be a little off topic, but I hope you are doing well. It seems like you can make money at almost anything that you choose to do in life, but I pray you get another big sponsor.....to either pursue your Pro Mod career, or hell....get this whole SouthEast Gasser Tour to the big time. I don't think I have ever ran into a more deserving person in my life, especially one with like interests. You are many a hero on this forum, and I know so on the bigger scale as well. Wish I had your talents. Thanks a bunch.

12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Thank's for the kind words but I'm no hero just an old country boy that gives 100% to everything I do. I wish I had time to do build threads on all of my projects but I don't. By the time I finished Cromer's car I had over 15 hours in the build thread alone. I enjoyed every second of it but can't do that too many time's or I would go broke. As for the Pro mod I doubt if I will ever find sponsorship to do it again because it is so expensive and I'm not one of the pretty boy drivers like the sponsors are looking for now days. You hit the nail on the head with the Southeaat gassers deal, I hope to carry it to the next level in a few years but I need sponsorship to make that happen. The main thing I don't want to happen is let it get out of hand. (Like the pro mod and all other modern day racing has) I want to try to keep the working man a place to race and get the sport of racing back to the bad boy image that it had in the 60s. My biggest problem with the Gasser deal right now is the copy cat's in my area trying to jump on the band wagon now that it's popular around here because of all the hard work the southeast gassers have done. I tell them to go to another area and start from scratch like we did not come here and water down our deal. Again thank's for the kind words sometimes that's all I have to keep me going.

13. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

We love your group and what it represents. Love to support it.

I do smell a WWF cage match. 1980's style though.

gc427 and Quain Stott like this.
  14. Looked up hero in the dictionary, Quain. I'll pick out two sub-texts under the definition of for ya'......1- a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
    2- the bread or roll used in making a hero sandwich. Now I know we are not talking about the sands of Iwo Jima here, but for sure we aren't talking about a sandwich either. LOL. You are a person that was in a comfortable position, that wished to reach down and help someone else come up to see the view from up there. That fits the first definition in my book. Very cool. No kind words from me, sir, I just wish there were more people out there willing to do the same. World would be a better place. I love what you guys are doing, and by all means...I hope more HAMB'ers out there can pump the vibe as well. Good things don't always happen to good people, but when it does.....you almost want to savor the taste just a little bit longer. God bless you sir.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  15. 9sectruck

9sectruck

It was great meeting you Quain, the South East Gassers put on one hell of a show and that alone made my trip worthwhile. A great down to earth group of people with no superstar attitudes and
    meeting Gene Cromer was an honor for me, what a nice humble man he is.
    Hope to run into you all again someday.

30dodgeboy, Quain Stott and OldColt like this.
  16. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Now you know why Quain's reached his friend limit on Facebook. Who does that??!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Quain Stott likes this.
  17. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ray I love meeting new friends and I feel like I have a new one in the UK now.

18. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

DO YOU HAVE A DATE ON THE KNOXVILLE RACE

19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

August 9th first round of qualifying at 4 o;clock another at 5. The race starts at 6. Help us spread the word lets pack the house with Gasser fans.

20. OldColt

OldColt

GREAT!! Do you know if they are honoring the ticket stubs from the June 28th rain out ? We didn't go back the next weekend since it's nearly 4hrs away, and we went just to see the gasser meet. Thirty bucks means a lot to us poor folks ... lol.

--- Steve ---

21. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Yes the tickets are good for August 9th. Help us spread the word Steve.

OldColt likes this.
  22. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

enloe you should bring your old magazine's I like 1960 -1969.

23. OldColt

OldColt

Good Deal !! Geez ... Watching just the first gasser qualifying round was like taking a bottle of whiskey from a drunk after the first swallow. I told my next door neighbor about the meet and gave him a link to the southeastgassers .com ... He's excited about it all, and will be coming with me and Patricia. I'm going to try to recruit some more folks to come to Knoxville with me. See ya' there.

--- Steve ---

24. 9sectruck

9sectruck

Did you guys realise Quain is really a dragster driver at heart??;)
    SDC12718 (912 x 684).jpg SDC12720 (912 x 684).jpg

30dodgeboy likes this.
  25. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

My second love. but not the new front engine dragsters that are running. I want me one that is built just like they were in 1963-1967 in that era. No high setting driver or long wheelie bars that sort of stuff. We are thinking about add them to our show next year at select events. but there will be strict rules just like our Gasser deal. One rule will be that they have to smoke the tires to at least the 330 mark. If they don't it would be the same as red lighting. The spinning would keep the et down so the old style 3 point cage would still pass tech so the cars could look and act like they should. I'm looking for one to do some experimenting with, if anyone knows one for sale PM me.

26. Quain,have you talked to J Ed Horton, I believe he would be the right guy to talk to. HRP

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

do you think I could set up a tent somewhere in you guys area?

28. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Yea J Ed and I have talked he thinks it a good idea but might be hard to do. If I was worried about hard to do I would give up on the gasser deal LOL. Anyway Ed had some good ideas.

29. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'll make it happen if there is anyway. I think it would be a good add on to our show.

30. OldColt

OldColt

If you are coming to Knoxville Aug 9th Enloe, bring all your old "Super Stock & Drag Illustrated" and "National Dragster" papers if ya' got em. Those were my favorites back in the day. Hot Rod and Car Craft were my second favorites.

--- Steve ---