Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Quad Cities Rod and Custom Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kamikazi, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Today we went to the Quad Cities (Rock Island, IL) Rod and Custom Show. There were some really nice cars there. Hamber Coolstuff (John) had his both up and running and was drawing a lot of attention. Great to see him and talk to him about Torquefest on 1 May 10. Here are some pictures.

Attached Files:

2. ...is that bizmon's Pontiac?

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

great to meet so many guys that I have known here on the HAMB for so long.......
    it is weird - I did that show when I first moved to Iowa from CA.

I did TERRIBLE

people did not even seem to know who Rat Fink was!!!

I thought - WHERE in the heck did I just move?

so

it is nice to see that 5 years later I can set up and people actually like my stuff..........

I plan to be back there next year - and lets get MORE traditional hot rods in there people!!!!!!!!
    Special thanks to Jeff who brought his '30 HALF WAY ACROSS THE STATE!

I am in debt to you my man!

People LOVED seeing your car and there were a LOT of pix taken of it - 1 lady was there for about 10 minutes taking picture after picture - I went over to ask her what was u p - she said she loved the wood in it.......
    ok
    cool

Also - wanted to give a big thanks to all the people who have already been spreading the word about the Torque Fest. And there were a lot of people that just heard about it this weekend.

When we set up the booth - the show promoter gave me a bit of extra room to spread out since he knows the shows proceeds all go to www.helpinghannahsheart.org Well - I used a bit of space in front of Jeff's car to put on a video that I have on the Torque Fest main page.

It is footage from the Jalopy Showdown I shot last year.........
    so this guy is standing there - mouth agape- and I go up to him and hand him a flier for the show - and say "hey - there is a show happening May 1 where cars can actually make laps out on the dirt track"
    he says - "Well I can tell you where I will be on May 1!"
    I say - "Oh yeah? Where?" (thinkin he is gonna say Farley Speedway - where the show is being held)
    He replys - "Anywhere but there!"

I did not know what to say - he stomps off and as he is about half way down the aisle I yell - "Sorry you couldn't make it to the Barrett Jackson this weekend!"

He shook his head and waved me off................
    so
    obviously there are some people who just dont get it.......and that is cool.
    But I really thought ANYone into cars would get a kick outta seeing this.

well............
    I stand corrected!

Thanks for all the support out there and I hope to see everyone again next weekend in Des Moines at the big swap meet.

4. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Biz Mon was there - but did not see his car - I am SURE he would have told me if his car was there

5. Looks like a cool show.

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

well...........there were a LOT of muscle cars there

I would say about 1/2 the place was vendors

obviously the guy doing the show knows how to get the people in - this is the 27th annual?
    or something like that

but I guess I am spoiled cause I thoguht there should be more cars

I am used to Detroit!
    what can compare to that?

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I missed it this year. The last few years a few of the guys get together go have lunch and then hit the show. Yea it is not a big show but there are always some kool cars there. Admission price is fair and the show helps kick the winter blues.

8. Here are some more pictures from the show!

Torquefest will be on 1 May 10 in Farley, Iowa! I am getting excited!1

Attached Files:

9. Yes, I was there and have been attending this hometown show since the 1988...
    The show promoters are very involved in the community and other larger events, Which I've been blessed to be a part of...

That 4-door Pontiac...(on a S10 frame'suspention) is Anthoney's of a small local club The King Pins. His girlfriend is on the HAMB...

See you next time?!

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the report. Looks like a nice show.

Frank

11. Quija666

Quija666

the Pontiac is mine an its on the original frame ... with the front being stubbed at the fire wall.....an you know how you can tell its mine an not biz-mon it runs an drives........