Register now to get rid of these ads!

Qjet vacuum line hook up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BaBa, Apr 25, 2013.

1. BaBa

BaBa

This is out of a Cal 74 Camaro (smogged). It now resides in my 49 Chevy PU (no smog). There was about 20 years between dis-assembly of the Camaro and building the truck so I am trying to get the vacuum hoses hooked up to the correct ports and make sure I am not capping off anything that should be hooked up.
    [​IMG]
    This shows the TH350 hooked to the large port in the center back on the base. The brake booster is hooked to the manifold along with the PCV valve.
    The Red cap is at the top center back of the carb and the blue is capping off a port near the base. Are these hooked up right?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/Blacktailer/1949 Chevy/IMG_5624_zps31f55f55.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Here on the front of the carb the vac advance is the black line. I think the black cap is on the EGR port? Don't know what the blue cap is on or the white cap down near the base. Any ideas?
    BTW the truck starts and runs fine at this point but I want to make sure it will stay that way.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. The white one in the front is for the vacuum advance diaphram on the distributor, the blue one on the back is for the vacuum Modulater on the trans. The rest can remain "plugged off".

3. WOOPS, you have the vacuum advance hooked to the correct port already.

4. You are good to go.....How does it run?

5. BaBa

BaBa

Purrs like a kitten. Sure is a lot nicer than the old 235 that was in it. (Sorry purists.) Turned out to be a nice little driver and it will be 2 years tomorrow since I started on it. here is what it looked like 2 years ago.
    [​IMG]
    And here she is today
    [​IMG]

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice looking truck

7. NICE looking truck!!

I wonder if painting the mirror mount covers white might improve even a tiny bit??

Wanna trade??

Cosmo