Register now to get rid of these ads!

Putting53 Ford Flathead in 37 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big-daddy-george, Jul 24, 2008.

  1. big-daddy-george
    Joined: Feb 10, 2008
    Posts: 180

    from New York

    I'm putting a 53 Ford Flathead in a 37 Ford. I put the truck oil pan on it to clear the tie rod. I was going to use the Speedway Motors Water pumps that they have in their catalog for this swap. The pulleys on their pumps are for narrow belts. The crank pulley and generator pulleys on my engine are for the wide belts. What should I do? Run the narrow belt in the wide pulleys?? Help!!!
  2. If I'm not mistaken, I think you can use your old wide belt pulleys on the new pumps...or vice versa. I'm kind of a FNG when it comes to flatties though...maybe someone can back me up.
  3. uncle max
    Joined: Jan 19, 2006
    Posts: 906

    uncle max

    You need the Truck version (8RT) pumps from Speedway. They come with wide pulleys.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.