Register now to get rid of these ads!

putting S10 motor in my 57 English ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jleblanc31, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

Any GM techs on here? I got a technical question for you. Im putting a S10 four in my English ford and don't want to put the columb from the s10 in the car. my question is can I eliminate the factory security system. heared I can put a resistor in the wire to mimic the chip in the key but can I eliminat it compleatly.

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

3. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

What year s10? I have a 2002 and it doesn't have a chipped key, but my wifes Corvette does, and the previous owner put one of the bypass kits in, but every once in a while it won't crank, if you wait 4 minutes it will crank up. I started doing research and it seems if you know the resistance you can splice the yellow wire and put a resistor in, but since her car came without a chipped key, I had no way to measure so I can't guarentee but I do believe from my research it will work good luck

4. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

Is that a good Jeez or a bad jeez? LOL

5. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Grab the rearend, its real narrow

6. Swifster

Swifster

If you are using the injected engine and keeping the ECU, a shop should be able to deactivate the VAT system.

7. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Just curious...why an S-10 engine?

8. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

For starters the S10 was free and it ran. I like to be different, every one and there grandmaw has a small block or a V6 in theres. wanted to keep it fuile efficiant, it came with a four why not put a four back in it. and I would like to drive it to work some times and with a 45 min drive I needed somthing I could get on the inerstate with. Also I can go to my local auto parts store and buy crap for it if I breake down trying to do a PowerTour with my Pro touring English ford.LOL Didn't want to cut up the fire wall if I don't need to, I want to put A/C in it. and the s10 four is compact enough I don't need to make an indent in the inner fender to accept a A/c pump, would have plenty of room to work on the motor if I need to. Just a few things I think about when doing a project.

9. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

Mata concept I grabed a rear out a blazer with discs the truck I pulled the motor out of had drum. Just need to get disc for ther front now.

10. Cymro

Cymro

[​IMG]

I assume you have one of these, four cyl swaps are very common in the uk try the Rods n sods forum.
    http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/
    These are known mainly as 100e in the UK

11. Igosplut

Igosplut

Yes, X2, and I think it's a great swap for what you're looking for....

12. No offense intended but we are traditional builders on this site that is dedicated to traditional rods and customs. That does not mean that we are supid but some of us older fellas would really like to try and keep the focus of the site along the lines of traditional. Perhaps your qurestion would be better asked on a street rod site.

BTW unless you are running something really off the wall like a Caddy V-16 or the like most of what you need to stay alive on the road can be purchased at a normal auto parts store.

jleblanc31 likes this.
  13. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Really dude?
    yeah, the turbo diesel 47 ford 1.5 ton is very traditional, as are s-10 frame swaps, airbags, mustang 2 suspensions and vern tardel 32 K members.

This guy's question is just as valid now days as anyone else's, let's face it, most of us are street rodders now. maybe you're the exception but the majority of folks on this site will order a new part before they hunt out a used one, put in a sbc over a flathead, or just plain pay someone else to do the work..

It's just the nature of the beast, the traditional movement ain't so traditional anymore,

As for the s-10 motor sorry I can't answer your question but that's a cool coice of engine, I had an older version in an A a long time ago it had 100 horsepower a five speed and a cool exhaust note, It was a kick in the ass to drive and it was cheap to run and fix...even though I kept the hood on all of the time.

14. brewster55

brewster55

what this guy said. the answer you are looking for is software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.