Register now to get rid of these ads!

Putting Our Money Where Our Mouth Is - New 5-W Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doctorZ, Dec 2, 2010.

1. doctorZ

doctorZ

Let me preface this with the fact that I'm trying not to open up a can of worms and would prefer to avoid drama. I'm not looking to discuss your moral thoughts on the fact that it is being built or how you feel about its country of origin.

We have gotten the brand new header panels, below decklid panels, drip rails, and floors in stock. I am thrilled to have them in the store and am excitedly awaiting the final product. Since the project's beginning, we have been working with United Pacific to help them make the best quality product you can buy. We not only helped them locate a perfect donor car, but also have been helping them with panel fitment as they get them in.

Now, the ball is in YOUR court! I want to encourage all of you to come down to the shop and check out the panels yourselves. See the lines, feel the weight, hold them up to your car!! Lets get some opinions on the quality from people who have handled the items rather than just made arbitrary opinions.

These items are in stock and on the showroom floor: ready for you to personally inspect!!!

I look forward to meeting you non-believers personally,
    Rob Zomber
    So-Cal Speed Shop Sacramento
    1715 Del Paso Blvd.
    Sacramento, CA. 95815

And, again, let me reiterate: let's keep this mature and please keep opinions to first-hand knowledge.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Are you referring to the 32 5 window?

3. Roadsir

Roadsir

Good news. What is the timing on quarter panels? I have a friend bringing one back to life.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If so, need a 5w to sponsor to show how good the products really are? How about this...
    [​IMG]

5. doctorZ

doctorZ

Quarter panels should be available by mid-January and the complete body should follow relatively shortly.

6. This is fantastic news...

7. :eek::eek::eek:

8. McFly

McFly

Im excited to see it in person.

9. henry29

henry29

How much will the quarter panels run, do you have any pics?

10. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

This is EXACTLY the car I had in mind that these pieces will help resurrect. I saw the pieces at SEMA and thought they looked excellent. Not the CRAP Dearborn Douche was trying to sell a few years ago.

11. doctorZ

doctorZ

i'm tempted to say they will be around $995 but don't quote me on it. it will be the complete quarter, thought. from the outside to the trunk, door to tail, and all the way up!

if anybody else has done it/ is doing it, that would be news to me.

i guess i'll add, if anybody is looking for 5-window parts, shoot me an email and i'll alert you as the parts become available. usually the first shipments of these parts tend to sell out within a couple days.
    [email protected]

12. doctorZ

doctorZ

it'll still be a little while until we get the complete bodies in, but you should absolutely stop by and check the panels out.

13. Keep us posted on what happens very interested.

14. doctorZ

doctorZ

I just got an email from a customer who just purchased the rear panel. He'll be sending me pics of the install as it goes. His email was simply:
    "Rob , the panel is great !"

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I guess I need to start saving my pennies! I already have two roadster quarters from Brookville so well I'm not sure what to do now haha!

16. Jeffery.......stop your whining, that aint so bad!

Will you guys be selling outer header panels?? From the factory join up!

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

18. Just playin with you man!!!!!

19. easy, sell the roadster quarters to a roadster guy and start whoring yourself out. :D

20. doctorZ

doctorZ

YES! One of the awesome parts of the project is that they are making all of the pieces individually as well. I believe I'll have the whole header and windshield sections by the end of January.

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah I know:D:D. But it doesn't make it true. I need to put up or shut up!

I don't know. The roadster quarters look good to me. I Definitely do not need to spend more money then I already don't have but I'll be look to them for the other stuff.

22. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Saw this at SEMA and I was impressed with the quality.

23. doctorZ

doctorZ

24. Mr64

Mr64

Hey Rob,
    Any new news on the five window. I see U-P is slowly releasing parts, like the latches and I guess soon the subrails. Do you know when the bodies are going to be available and the pricing? What will come with the bodies, Dash, garnish moldings, firewall, etc? Do you know if they are going to make the metal tack strips too?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  25. doctorZ

doctorZ

the latches are not available yet, but should be in about 6 weeks. i just got a couple pics of the subrails and the doors and they're lookin' great! the bodies are supposed to be done by SEMA of this year. as of now, i do not know what will come with the bodies and nothing has been confirmed in terms of pricing, but they should be comparable to the Brookville 3-window bodies. i'll ask about the tack strips for ya!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Would be cool if that roof would fit on a Brookville roadster body.....it would have some sweet lines and flared wheel openings. $.02:D

27. doctorZ

doctorZ

28. doctorZ

doctorZ

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k6eafHR7bWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

29. doctorZ

doctorZ

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-HDu5IjhW6A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

30. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

UAPAC parts are GREAT IMO. I need a set of the subrails bad! And 2 header panels, 2 dashes and a panel below the decklid and a set of garnish moldings :D