Register now to get rid of these ads!

Putting a Chrysler Industrial Hemi in a 52 Dodge truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanBabb, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Sparky52Dodge

Sparky52Dodge

Is this an original heater? I wouldn't know.

Attached Files:

2. Sparky52Dodge

Sparky52Dodge

What was your final solution to engine cooling? I have read through and unless I missed something it looks like you did a mechanical fan for adequate cooling.

3. As far as the heater goes, I think a lot of heaters were dealer installed options, so there are many different types on the same year trucks. Mine looked different than what you show, but it doesn't mean yours is wrong.

I started with a mechanical fan, but it didn't pull enough air. I wound up buying an electric pusher fan (with as long an amp draw as I could find) and mounted it in front of the radiator. I don't think I had to make any modifications at all...it fit in the space behind the front grill bars. There was a plate behind the bumper that easily came out and I slid it up into place. I was running a 12v generator and the fan didn't run down the battery (but it was probably close). The new owner installed a new Genernator brand unit and he reported that the electrical system is a lot stronger with that.