I don't have all of the parts to finish this yet, but since it's tech week I figured I'd start a thread about throwing a 409 together. When I got the block back from the machine shop, it was vatted, bored and the cam bearings were installed. It needed a little cleanup though. You can see that there was some casting flash in the lifter valley and lots of bumps and flash on the block that didn't need to be there. So I drug out grinders and cutters and cleaned it up. Then I checked the main bearings to make sure they were boxed right and installed the crank. Main cap bolts torqued to 100 ft/lbs. Since I always prime my engines on the stand, I just used 30 weight oil to lube the bearings.