Register now to get rid of these ads!

push cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEBO, Jun 3, 2008.

1. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

2. ski

ski
    from San Diego

Weird. I grew up near Sandy's auto sales. Don't recall the truck though.

3. Ebert

Ebert

Love this thread! When we had our strip (1959-1972) I saw about everything...probably the most common were wagons and the guys from California (Strip was in Muncie, Indiana) ALWAYS had the best...always had torque thrusts, etc....way cool.

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

5. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

I have posted this before...

Attached Files:

6. Offy

Offy

This is a push truck that I have had since 1978. It has a 302 5.0 with roller cam & rockers. It is two wheel drive which is a bit of a problem on a heavy wet track usually found at the start of warm-ups. The sprint car is driven Joey Saldana at the East Bay Winternationals a few years ago. Joey and the truck are still doing finr but that race track is on life support.

Attached Files:

7. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

here is amt/smp model kit version 1960

Attached Files:

• 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
  8. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Cool topic. After reading this post I plan to make a push bar for my '46 Ford PU. It currently has twin "S-shaped" nerf bars in front. I think I'll make a wood one and beat the snot out of the middle of it with a logging chain to give it that "well-used" look.

9. Just be careful this doesn't happen!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

10. Funny thing about those 2 pictures Rich is neither of those cars have apush bumper on them.

Steve
    Host of 7th annual Nostalgia drags, show and swap coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld.

11. I don't consider just using a peice of wood durable enough. then again, there are people doing this just for the 'look' too. I'm probably one of a handful here that actually built and use one. It was made out of angle iron and some pipe for strength. Then the wood was bolted to it.
    The pipe slides into and out out larger peices welded to the bumper brackets and it works quite well with my AA/Fuel Dragster.
    Here is a pic.

Steve Barcak
    www.pontiacheaven.org
    <DIR>Host of 7th annual Nostalgia drags, show and swap coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld.
    </DIR>

Attached Files:

12. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

when we raced our front motor car we used a very dependable 1955 chevy 2 door wagon with a 235 6cyl & 3 speed on the column . it was a fantastic car !!!! thx .. steve

13. Hay Steve, not to put too fine a point on those photos, I've been wondering for years how that pickup wound up almost up to the front end. Might it have been a doctored photo? OR a spoof with a front end shoved under the truck for the photo!

14. Retroline

Retroline

Bttt. This was a cool thread that got lost too fast.
    Any more photos?

15. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

So.....Let's bring it back. I've been recently approached by two Guys that own FED's, to give them a push at maybe a local event or even better, possibly Bakersfield, with one of my two "not so" HAMB freindly trucks I got. One a 69', one a 70". Lookin for MORE pictures of push plates. Show us what you got or got pictures of. come on now...Step up! 9"

Attached Files:

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Here's my '64 F100 being used as a push truck at the 2010 HAMB Drags:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Malcolm

17. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Thaks for the pics, Malcolm. Missed you at B-Ville this year. Dig the truck!

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

That's a Lyndwood! How about some more details?[​IMG]

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Danbury Ct. Modifiers Lyndwood rail "Alley Oop" used a Chevy pickup with the bumper wrapped, and a Jeep with a real push bumper. Jeep photos are from 1962, Chevy 1961 at Dover Drag Strip, Wingdale, N.Y. That's a return road shot not a startup.

Attached Files:

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

21. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Me too! I'm just to far away from the cool events.:(

22. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Bttt. Anybody else?

23. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

I remember local push trucks with a 2x12 with about 6 go-cart slicks mounted flat on the front of it. I used to have a '68 chevy pickup with one.

24. gms2slo

gms2slo

nice Ford at BEaver Springs this year!

25. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

37Kid got me thinking...Heres Dover Drag Strip 1965...I'll find more:

Attached Files:

26. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Ron Abbotts Caddy for his Kent Fuller 'version' of Hellzapoppin.Dover Drag Strip around '65.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  27. A few Texas pushers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Still looking for inspiration. Thinking of doing it all in Aluminum, and removable.

29. Just found an old bias ply tire in a pile of junk out in the country when they tore down some old buildings on a farm (a recap, no less!). The guy looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if I could have it! :confused:

It's going to be mounted on a 2"x12" on the front of the 49, but how is the tire fastened to the board? Lag screws? Nuts & bolts? Problem is that I can't find anything that doesn't look shiny & new and that will eventually discolor a little and look "correct". The local hardware stores and home improvement store folks also look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for fasteners that WILL rust! (Another :confused: moment) When I tell them that I am building an old hot rod, some of them kinda get it, but most of them dont.

Stay tuned!!!