Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pure Vintage Racing, New Jersey.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Slim Pickens, Dec 20, 2015.

1. captain j

captain j

Looks like a good time!

2. Toms Dogs

Toms Dogs
    from NJ

That / This 'll do it...! Now to find some kind of "Rat Rod", for which to install my latest Merc Flathead V-8 build ! ! :D:eek:

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  3. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Hey Tom, I may build an old timey rail-job for this deal..If you don't find a home for your merc motor we could something out.

4. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

Hell yea Ej is putting one together I may have to build one now haha

5. Mark T

Mark T

Did Tom say "Rat Rod"?

autobilly likes this.
  6. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Hey Jim,What are you gonna do? build a SLOWER car so we can all catch up! ha ha..
    See you on the dirt,pal!

7. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

He didn't mean to say the "R" word!!

8. Pete

Pete

Yes!!!!! I wanna play....

9. Toms Dogs

Toms Dogs
    from NJ

YO, Ford Gasser one... What EXZactly do you mean by OLD and Timey ? Everything is OLD and Timey and Slimey ,,, including me !:(

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  10. pila38

pila38

Where is this? Looks my backyard in Burlington County.

11. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Hey Tommy..As you know I could build a lightweight chrome moly tube frame with some other trick stuff but in keeping with the "pure vintage" aspect I figure on a set of Henrys' A or T rails,stock early axle mounted suicide style,solid mounted banjo rear,move the engine as far back a possible,hang the drivers' ass behind the rear axle for weight..Voila! Rail Job..

12. 2 more doors

2 more doors

Would either of these be acceptable and old time'y enough to enter?

Attached Files:

13. When's the next one? Drug this home today and gotta get to work on getting this ready for the dirt!!!! I'll be calling you soon George for some more 33 34 stuff!

Attached Files:

mike bowling and Fordgasser1 like this.
  14. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

Yes they are awesome

15. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

That 3 window looks like a "pure vintage" racer to me.Jason!..I got a frame for you and a bunch of stuff to get that sucker together!

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  16. It still has the roll bar in it from its dirt track days! Its welded to the roof!! Figure I'll just take it from dirt in a circle to dirt drags!! I'll get some better pics of it. It was dark by the time we got back with it.

17. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

The Jalopy Showdown in Latimore Pa. is a dirt circle track that you'll want to make. I ran it last year and it was friggin' awesome! IMG_0076-1024x614.jpg

kidcampbell71 and Nailhead Jason like this.
  18. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Is there a list somewhere of these events. I saw a poster saturday of TROG at Pismo Beach. We talked some of trying to promote a Hot Rod Hill Climb event is this area possibly Virginia City. There are lots of small dry lakes in the area that could support dirt drags. The Reno/Fernley Raceway might be interested. They have drags, circle track and road courses.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  19. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

not that i am aware of..But it would be great if someone compiled a central list of pure vintage type events nationally to keep us all informed as to what is going on all around the country(or world for that matter). I always seem to find out about events AFTER they already happened!

20. Been trying to get to latimore for the last few years but just hasn't worked out. But I'm dying to get into some vintage racing this year!!!

21. Pete

Pete

This looks awesome! Hopefully this spring we can head to NJ and help you "till" the dirt..

22. One way or another I will have something finished or built to flog in the dirt in NJ!!

23. 2 more doors

2 more doors

Hotrod Hill climb is in the newest issue of Hotrod magazine. Anyone ever attend this event?
    Looks like a good time!

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. Pete

Pete

I don't think you get many runs up the hill.... I know a fella that drove pretty far to get there and only got 1 run....

25. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

From what I have read of the Hot Rod Hill Climb I think it is fast out growing what can be done there. Cars have to be preselected to ace and I think you only get one shot. I sure looks like a great event. I don't know how you qualify in New Jersey. I want to go to Pismo Beach on the west coast in October. I'd like to get into some of this old time racing. A perfect spot for my 1919 Essex parts. Here is a link to The North West Speedster Club. pre '34 4 Cylinders. http://www.nwvs.org

Donald A. Smith likes this.
  26. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

Look like great fun as great fun is usually the dirty kind. How long is your track?

27. 2 more doors

2 more doors

28. I'd love to do the hill climb but its so far from me. Maybe in a few years I can make the trek. For now I'm thinking about flogging stuff in Jersey!!!

29. Pete

Pete

Keep this small......special interest and invite only..... Just sayin....