Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pumpkin Run - South Jersey Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by synthsis, Nov 1, 2008.

1. synthsis

synthsis

Who all is planning on heading to Fleming's Pumpkin Run this Saturday. Barring any unforseen issues I'll be there in my truck, which hasn't left my driveway in two years.

http://www.flemingshows.com/PUMPKINRUN.html

I'll be there with most of the guys. I plan on shooting a shit ton of shots too so if you see a guy in a Deadbeaters jacket with a huge Nikon camera rig, say hi.

2. Rumor has it that the Stumblers will be there.

3. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Joe.......you *know* I'll be there......look for the black Deuce 3w......

Brucie

4. looks like i will be working!!!:mad:

5. officerfalfa

officerfalfa

I'll be there! Looks like my buddy and I are bringing our bikes. If you see two morons freezing their balls off on vintage cafe bikes, that's us!

6. merf

merf
    from new joisey

7. synthsis

synthsis

Bruce, you weren't even in the question. you're as much a regular at this show as the lawn mower tractor pull and the hit-n-miss engines.

My worst case scenario is taking my Triumph if something comes up with the truck in the next couple days (fingers crossed)

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Ha!!!!...Joe......it's easy when you just live around the corner!!! Closest show ever to me! Kudos to Harry Fleming!

Be early......no reservations......

CB

9. officerfalfa

officerfalfa

Bumping this back up.

Anyone else going?

Crossing my fingers it doesn't rain!

10. synthsis

synthsis

I dunno if you saw my other thread but i finally took the truck out for a spin yesterday. I'm going to go over it again tonight and see that everything is in order. I'd actually be ok if it was pushed back until Sunday cause that would give me another day to fine tune.

11. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

will not be there this year .. first time not going in maybe 6 years? ha ..
    input bearing fixing time for the nova

12. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Weather could be a bit *iffy* but I am optimistic......here's what Weather Underground predicts:
    Saturday
    Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

I'm there no matter what......I have a roof!....

CB

13. nothing compared to a tropical storm

14. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

We plan to leave 3am from VA, we were going to take the 66 Chevy Wagon BUT it caught FIRE tonight, NOT GOOD, lots of damage, BUT we'll fix it. So instead we will come up in the 64 GTO. Cuzin Brucie look for me, the car is black - convertible - I will have Still Runnin Large post cards somewhere around the car for people to take and read and a press pass on so anyone who wants to say hi can find me maybe. LOL
    Lea

15. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Leah....you are already on the road, I see......

Will look for your goat!

Weather is damp, but not raining, per se........looks like a go for today.......50-50 shot for afternoon showers........but the Pumpkin run draws a hardy bunch!

Pics later tonight or tomorrow.......cheers...

Brucie

16. have fun brucie! im sitting here in my office at work:mad::mad:

17. synthsis

synthsis

should be fun with no wipers! we're leaving here around 9.

18. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

anyone know for sure, is it on or off for today? its a good ride for me.

19. Lousy weather but great place. Put this one on your bucket list.

20. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Lea........I looked for you several times......no could find......

Did you make it? Did you see my coupe?

CB

21. synthsis

synthsis

we were there. it was an interesting day. my buddy's 53 ford ranchwagon gave up the starter at Wawa when we were getting gas so it had to be push started. no biggie. Then we are about 15 minutes away from Fleming's and my muffler fell off. I'm surprised it stayed on that long as it was just bailing wired on.(didn't have any clamps at 10pm last night) Then the rain comes, that's always fun when you don't have wipers. Hit Target on the way home to get some Rain-X for the windshield(it helped). Pulled over on the road to pickup the muffler that I lost on the way there. found it, only a little bruised (it's a Supertrapp so it's still worth something)Then my truck doesn't want to start, i think the Alt is bad, so some kind folks we met at the Run happened past and offered a jump. After that it was smooth sailing. Now that I know it can make it an hour down and back I've got a little list of things to tackle: muffler, alt/charging issue, wipers, brake lights.

22. i am really bummed out i missed this show,turned out to be a crappy day weather wise,i locked my self in the garage and worked on my truck

23. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Bruce, I did not see you but I waw there dripping wet till the end ... LOL ... even had to have a Root Beer float despite the chill in the air. LOL The GTO had a little problem we had to get a axle bearing replaced before the trip home. Its been a bad car week ... the 58 Vette had a charging issue coming back from the Dream Cruise in Daytona, the 66 decided to catch fire and then an axle bearing in the GTO. Damn they all want attention this month. LOL Oh well we only have 1 more show I planned to cover in December in Maryland and then the winter fixes begin. What a GREAT SHOW !

24. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Lea......check your regular e-mail........

I am so sorry that I could not find you.......maybe I got too late a start looking down the show area.......I was parked under the two big GULF signs up towards the '50's Diner.....I always try to locate there.......Gow Central!

CB