Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Pumped about my new car. . .1950 Chevy Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jetcycles, Jan 10, 2010.

1. flat34pu

flat34pu

:D thats a good looking ride, my first car at 16 was a '50 chevy.

bone stock.

2. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Ted/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> :cool:Nice score, they are great cars I have had a lot of fun with mine
    Good luck wit it.:)

Attached Files:

3. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

Beautiful cars, one of my favorites. There was one in the woods near my house when I was a kid and i used to play in it, someone eventually restored it cause one year I saw it in a parade.

4. Now that is the way to find em', that car is a survivor. Personally I would enjoy that car as is, there are plenty of projects out there reasonable to build your way, chopped, lowered, gassed, or .....! I would be pumped too at having that car. Man preserve that thing, they are treasures in that condition! Not to be the salesman here but I have a 49 Business Coupe roller project for sale that would be a great candidate for a resurrection! Anyway, I like it and congratulations on the find, good luck in whatever you do with it!:)

5. Derwood

Derwood

Damn nice car, can't believe how straight it is!.

6. rajcam79

rajcam79
    from S.E. MI

Really nice car you have !!!!

7. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

Awesome start! I'm havin a blast with my 53. Parts are readily available, you will be surprised what the local parts stores have on the shelf.

8. jetcycles

jetcycles

Thanks for the kind words! I need to dig online and find a parts fiche/diagram of this Rochester carb and figure out proper spring placement, I think something's missing. . .

9. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

While I love a scrappin stance and wide whites, that car looks perfect just the way it is.

10. Vorhese

Vorhese

That car looks great as is. You don't see many like that. Everyone has a chopped, lowered, WWW these days.

11. Another vote here for keeping it as-is. OK, drop it a few inches, some whites and some nice wheel covers, but honestly it doesn't need anything. Good ones like that are gettin harder and harder to find. You did GOOD!

12. aldixie

aldixie

Thats a nice start. I'm not too far from you in Deer Park.

13. Mercchev

Mercchev

Sweet Car...Make it mechanically sound and drive it...Survivors are cool!

14. I would drop it and keep the blackwalls. It has a mean look with that dark green and the black wheels. Nice looking ride for sure.

15. Chopped cars are getting just a wee bit boring, especially when everybody thinks they just have to whack them. There are a ton of righteous MILD Customs being lost to the future when radical chops and bags go the way of every other FAD that comes down the road. Think real hard about your plans....There was a time when everything was hot, then it wasn't......I doubt the "unchopping" process will ever be a reality....

16. No Cents

No Cents

Drop it a little and drive it. Its still really cool just like it sits.

17. It doesn't have to be chopped to be cool.
    [​IMG]

18. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

That's a great looking Chevy, early 50's chevy's look sick sittin low.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  19. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Nice ride.I have a 51 HT as you can see in my avatar.As far as parts go,try your local NAPA store.I got shit for mine through them.

Good Luck.

20. poorboy

poorboy

looks good! now lower it some

21. ELD

ELD

Very nice lookin ride, Drive it!! find something that needs alot of work to chop, drop and roll.

22. Jet...Great looking Chevy......Look at the first photo...you might check your right front wheel cylinder...looks like a leak on the tire.

Neat car, I had a business coupe the same color.

Murph:cool:

23. RDR

RDR

Again...great looking find! My first car in 1958 was same 2dr deluxe but not even as nice looking as what you found !......had white walls and raked,cut coils...216 -3 on the tree....once you go there it's a hard habit to break...probably had at least 5 of them go through my life ENJOY!! ......Randy

24. Paul

Paul
    Editor

very nice find

25. fat141

fat141

Check out HAMBer Lucky 444's Chevy, gotta be the coolest around (cept for mine)
    Rod

26. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Right on nice ride !! I have been watching it for the last 4-5 months it was from San Antone right? Just never could scrape up the cash...:)
    Glad to see someone from Houston scored it.Hope to see it in person sometime.

27. awesome car man, I would drop it, put a visor on it, leave the black walls and cruise that bad bitch!
    btw, I have a couple visors over here.

28. Nice looking car! Here's some pics of a buddy of mine's ride - just build it the way you like it! He just put the whitewalls on the car and they really make the paint and style of the car just pop!

Attached Files:

29. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Do what YOU want.....sweet ass car though....

30. I'd do everything but chop it, the body is just too nice. You could probably get another body to chop, sell your body intact and get back some of your chop $$.

Bob