Register now to get rid of these ads!

Puke Catcher...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 26, 2007.

1. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I am using a nice polished stainless whiskey flask, but my Walker rad never pukes......my flathead runs cool all the time......but the flask gets a lot of good comments...

Brucie

2. ray

ray
    from colorado

ahem, it's a waterpipe! if you say "bong" again i'll have to ask you to leave the store!:p

3. Not in the car yet...but it's literally a moon tank. Compressed gas canister off an Saturn V rocket.

Attached Files:

4. Click on the lowest photo address of the three.
    It should say, "IMG" at the start.

After the click, copy it to your clipboard then move back to the HAMB & paste the address there.

Step 1 = Hit Ctrl and C simultaneously on the keyboard while the cursor is on the IMG address.

Step 2 = Back on the HAMB, hit Ctrl and V simultaneously.

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Are you frickin kidding me? Where'd you find that?

Thats just too cool...............!

6. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

I'm using a plastic gatoraide bottle, 20 oz I think.
    It looks like it's always half full of the original contents!

7. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Dr. Dave that's cool, how big is it?
    C9 thanx, I'll try that.

8. that is a great piece, i am jealous. nasa has our V on the ground laying down and has built a huge building around it. a new exibit at the huntsville space and rocket center. should be cool when its finished.

9. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Man, and to think some people told me I was dumb for wanting to use a soda bottle.... there's dudes running around with bongs on the front of their cars! Hahaha

awesome :D

10. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

I gotta keep my eye peeled for cool cylinder objects now.. I hate to think how many things i've pasted up from being narrow minded!!
    -Anthony

11. 60 Belair

60 Belair

27 t overflo​

Attached Files:

12. undecided on which one i liked best ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. a friend of mine uses an old army canteen the old steel one , looks pretty cool ..i didnt notice if someone posted a pic of one in this thread

14. Thanks guys! I actually found it on ebay, of all places. I was looking for a small aluminum tank of some sort to use as a remote fill for my under floor master cylinder. It is way too big to use for that purpose, but I couldn't pass it up (the thing is about 5 or 6 inches in diameter). So, decided it would look pretty cool mounted on radiator support for a puke tank instead.

15. Drive Em

Drive Em

Here is mine, it is a 12" long piece of 2" diameter copper tubing with a couple of 2 7/64" core plugs soldered on each end. There is a #4 bulkhead fitting on top with a piece of #4 hardline inside that is within 1/4" of the bottom of the tank to suck the coolant back into the radiator. There is also a drain at the bottom.
    [​IMG]

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Well, here's mine. Got it Friday for use as a washer fluid tank. Still need a puke tank, but oh well.
    I think it's from the '40s, says "Cen-Pe-Co Motor Klenz".

Attached Files:

17. 2boxers

2boxers

Mine just came today, It is an old glas IV bottle for saline, I will takesome pics tonight

18. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Try again.Finally found my pics,Carried by Alvin York in the big one.

Attached Files:

19. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

dont know how I missed this thread the first time around but heres mine. Picked it up at a swap a few years many years ago. Looks like an aftermarket over flow tank for a truckfrom the 50's or 60's. Added the clear tubing sight glass
    [​IMG]

20. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

apparently i never posted the pic of mine...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. coolerthanethan

coolerthanethan
    from Miami, FL

1944 guiness bottle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. I have Audie Murphy's:D.

23. Do you really need a puke tank? I haven't figured out anything that looks like it'll fit in with the rest of the car yet, and I'm thinking about just running a hose down to let it puke on the street. I figure it'll just puke out the excess and eventually find it's happy point. Anything wrong with going without a puke tank except for the mess on the road? I'll make sure my dog doesn't lick up the toxic antifreeze that pukes out.

When did cars start coming with puke tanks? I think most of my old cars up through the early '60s had no puke tank and just a hose that puked onto the street. Then somewhere in the late '60s or early '70s maybe they started using white plastic "coolant recovery tanks". I always thought the puke tanks were just something that people added for racing when people like the NHRA put them in their rulebooks to keep the tracks clean. If you were really worried about trying to look "traditional", wouldn't it be the most traditional to not even have a puke tank?

In the early '60s, when Fords started lowering the hood-lines of their cars, they were using little rectangular brass tanks that sat up over the front of the engine to replace some of the volume lost from the top of the radiator when they shortened the top tanks to get the hood lines down lower (I know they had those little tanks in a '61 T-Bird and in a '61 Galaxy).

24. bct

bct

funny... i was looking for a brass extinguisher the other day in the anique stores and had no luck (seems as the contents are hazerdous)...came across an old grease gun and thought why not with a little mod it will work great ....can't decide about leaving the handle or not tho

25. A friend works for a company that makes chewing tobacco (and no, it's not in Oklahoma, go figure). He gave me an aluminum bottle that contained the "flavoring" for their line of "chew". Now if I can just get the rose stink out of it!

26. injectedA

injectedA

I have to run one as RustyBolts pointed out for drag racing. As a kid I always liked my Dads big Thermos, the ribs and all shiny and couldn’t wait to fill it before he left for work. I liked my Speed Racer but it just didn’t compete. When this thread came up the memory of that just popped right back and maybe I could find one to use. They are all over that auction site for cheap, or well, a hell of a lot cheaper than the 30-50 overflows. I was going to add a brass or copper top and a site glass. Thing is now that I have it, kind of large for this car. 3.5 dia. x 10. I’ll use it on another.

Attached Files:

27. GARY?

GARY?

Here's one I made. Inspired by Jake's (COOP666's post.)
    It's an old fuel tank for camping fuel I think.

I brazed a long hard line in it from the bottom that goes almost to the top and a really short one. The shorty goes to the radiator and the tall one is the over-overflow. If it needs to overflow out of the can it can drain out of the tall line on to the ground.

Attached Files:

28. Scott

Scott

Jenyouwine thermos

Attached Files:

29. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

i have an old flask that was my grandfathers that is engraved that will go on a car for my son some day.

30. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

I got a 5 liter Heiney mini-keg that I polished up to use for an overflow on the '52, but it's looking just a bit too big!