Register now to get rid of these ads!

Props to the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Itchy-Pit, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Just a quick THANK YOU to all the members and Ryan for the HAMB. I had a unfortunate fate of events including full separation of my Achilles Tendon on April 27th. I am about 90% at this point but my journey would not have been as tolerable without the HAMB. Reading the posts, selling parts, buying parts made the time fly by. Some notables include; INVISIBLE-KID and KB COOKOUT and BILLS TRANSPORTATION. Life's good and I love the HAMB. -Dennis:D

Attached Files:

• at.JPG
      at.JPG
      File size:
      475.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - maybe cover the repair with some bondo to have a better finished look - HA!

3. Just "Daaaaaaammmmn"

4. Good god!! I got the chills...Hopefully it recovers soon so you can jump back in that rod.

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Damn that's sick. Hope your recovery speeds up.

6. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Oh....my....I'm sure glad you waited to show us this until you could tell us that you are well on the mend. That just looks awful. Really good to know things are going well.

Maybe you could get your surgeon to check out some of the welding threads on the HAMB, so he can learn how to lay down a that metal in a prettier "roll of dimes".:D

7. rustyangels

rustyangels

I like the spiral notebook repair for ingenuity!

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    from Michigan

Just talked to a local rodder a couple of weeks ago about the same thing happening to him. Said it was hurting hurting hurting...then he stepped on the running board (just the front part of his foot) and the tendon simply separated from its attachment point. Same for you? Glad your surgery went well. That's quite an incision!

9. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Thanks gents. My future x wife Physical Therapist enjoys hurting me 3 x a week. But it's MUCH better - out of the boot of shame and feeling a lot better. Time has come to prioritize and let some projects go. Like I said before - the HAMB is quite good therapy when your down. Back to the rust and grease... Dennis

10. Looks bad and I sympathize with you,,I was laid up with a broken right ankle earlier this year and spent a great deal of time here!

It really helps pass the time and beat watching reruns on TV all day!

Hope your prognosis is a good one and you will be back in the shop soon. HRP