Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Hot Rods propane torch questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOECOOL, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:52 PM.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I have a chance to buy a cutting torch outfit but it is propane fueled not acetelene. Is the tip the only difference when you use propane ? Is the propane regulator and the acetelene the same? I only want it for cutting and heating ,I do not gas weld. thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. VANDENPLAS

VANDENPLAS

I have never used one personally
    But a friend works in a shop with one, his complaint is it does not get as hot as acetylene and does not cut as clean.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. anthony myrick

anthony myrick
    from al

4. Propane/oxygen is great for cutting and heating .
    It takes a little bit longer heat time before you can pull the oxy lever but once it's ready off you go. I think it cuts much cleaner. There's a different tip and there are different regulators if you'll be needing a lot if gas pressure. Hoses need to be T rated for propane

alanp561 likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!