Register now to get rid of these ads!

History >>>Proof is in the Pudding:Early Chevy V8 Hot Rods!!!!<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Dec 24, 2009.

1. 406 CID, 471 blower, 630 lift cam. Most of the people that put my SBC down, wont race me!!! Once again the proof is in the pudding. FORD MAKES IT CHEVY SHAKES IT!!!!!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  2. I dont get this chevy small block bashing - an engine doesnt know what brand is stamped on it.

I love em all, Buicks, MoPars, Chevys, Olds, Flatheads, etc.....

Just build what you like or can afford and have fun, bitching and bullshit aint what this hobby should be about ....right ?

Im a SBM/Hemi and Flathead guy yet the small block chevy is just an much an icon for similar AND different reasons. The truth is what it is whether some like it or not.

Theres are very good reasons they have been pre eminent since the mid 50s. I have an early 283 I put together in my 47 Chevy coupe - it has been rock solid, gets good mileage and runs like a champ.

What's not to like ?

3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I have been a Chevy guy forever. There is a good reason why the SBC is a belly button engine, because it is easy to rod and the availability of speed parts is so plentiful that it just makes economic sense to use it. Chevy hit it big with a great initial design that made it work well and made it more attractive by staying with a winning design which makes parts usuable for so many years that it has been a popular choice by hot rodders for 60 years.

4. oldcars.acadia

oldcars.acadia

Into the third rebuild in 49 years on my 31 cabriolet and the old tech 327ci 365hp is staying.

Attached Files: