Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slamed tudor, Aug 10, 2009.

1. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

Well we just got the s-10 front clip all welded and boxed in. I have replaced the shoebox rearend with the s-10 wich is just a tad narrower but that good! The airbags will be here sometime this week. I bought them from chris at www.x2industries.com This place has low low prices. So once the kit showes up then i will be able to raise it off the ground. I will keep the updates coming as things progress

Attached Files:

2. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

I would also like your guys input on skirts

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I got a set of fiberglass skirts for my '51, a little larger than wheel well opening. Have good hold on braces, but do not fit 100% to lower rear body. May modify 'em, or sell 'em. Would like some glass ones that go inside wheel opening-have looked online,still looking. I like glass because you do not need to have the big stock bracket that limits wheel/tires/hub caps.
    Please post more pics of install of S-10 parts-at least close ups of final install of frontend and rearend. Do you have measurements for width of each of these? Thanks. Very Cool Ride.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  4. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Car looks good. I personally don't like skirts. You might want to think about a section job in the future too, and make sure that body lays evenly, it might just be up a bit in the front right now.

5. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Oooooooo!!! I'm not even a fan of shoeboxes, BUT YOU are headed in a good direction!

I agree with NTAPHSE, on the "sectioning." I DIS-agree with him on the SKIRTS!
    If you're gonnaride THAT low, then WHY NOT FENDER SKIRTS?

Otherwise, it would be like cutting out the FENDER WELLS on a '48 to '54 HUDSON, fer Chrise' sake!

(Shit, I guess I'm having a HARD time concealing my identity as an OLD-SKOOL --THERE, I SAID IT, OKAY?!?!?! -- hotrod freak.)

YOUR car, MY 2 pennies'worth, bubba! But, have FUN!!! POINT of the HOBBY, eh?

6. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

I have been working with buddies and have got her on the road, the car is now at a friends interior shop and is gonna hook it up. Getting ready to flame it from front to back.

Attached Files:

7. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

wow, looks great. any more pics of how you finished up frame and body mods? gave up on skirts? what radiator are you running?

9. elturo

elturo
    from So. Okla

Your ride looks sweet! Hope to see you in Austin @ LSR.

10. billys54

billys54

she does look good with no top

11. I like fender skirts........ mock some up and see if you like the look, before you get hold of some.
    It sometimes comes down to the balance of the car..... without a tin top it's hard to say whether it will throw out the balance of the look you are after.

12. old bone

old bone
    from maine

i have a complete 49 ford shoebox frame..do you need any thing..i will send parts to you for shipping costs ...guess you wont need anything...lets re-post this project s-10...sorry man...could no resist...i really do have a complete 49 frame if you need anything
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

13. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I like the Box you're building. Sits really low. Enjoy.