Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project Rivullac begins

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddyman65, Jan 23, 2005.

1. caddyman65

caddyman65

So we started yesterday, and dont say anything about the tire/ wheels cause new ones are on the way [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lookin´good!

3. HeX

HeX

That's good shiittt! Looks like it's gonna be a little easier than you thought.....

4. luckystiff

luckystiff

E,
    what is your plan grille wise? i know we've talked about it before but for some reason i cant remember. a tube grille made with thin tubes to kinda flow with the light pods would be really nice and really easier than you think to do. i think making them with smaller tubing is actually easier. i'm on my forth one for the buick and am being way over picky about it and will start on the fifth one soon. everytime i build one i find something i woulda done differently. i've got two completely different ideas right now so i guess i may build two. i build a prototype out of regular tubing to figure out the details and then when i find the exact right fit follow it as a guide in stainless and polish it. it's actually cheaper than plating even with building it twice. smaller tubing is much easier to work with esp round. i'm building out of square 1/2in and the next may be 5/8. the other idea is smaller tubing and would probably be in round. need any pointers just yell...ken....

5. goolagong

goolagong
    BANNED
    from Ohio

what are you going to use for wheels and tires??

thanks

Paul

6. caddyman65

caddyman65

Grill will be square bar to match the headlight covers,wheels will be smoothies w/ the centers black and shannon conesw/ a skinny white wall, am thinking now about reshaping the peak of the hood and having the grill slope to match the fenders

7. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

8. caddyman65

caddyman65

Well, for those that dont know,GM first offered the Rivi to the Cadillac division, they turned it down..this is my idea of what if Cadillac took it and made it bigger, much bigger. I have been contemplating a 425 nailhead in it too.

9. Looks interesting......I like it so far.......wheel tire combo sounds cool too....

10. luckystiff

luckystiff

just my opinion but i really like the outer peaks being more pronounced than the hood peak. gives it that W wedge that is one of the things i love about my buick(although it does make flowing the grille with the rest a little more work). i'd say if you do redo the hood peak still keep it milder than the fender peaks. you can also visually change the peak up front with the grille. start making ypur grille from the center bar first. have it thrust forward further than the others. make your bar above and below the center next but sink them back from the center bar just a bit(how much would depend on the tube size and how many tubes) then goo the one above the top and below the bottom and sink a bit more i'm sure you get where i'm going here. basicly you've made a peak up front just in grille design. i've done this with the buick and it's my favorite design right now. i'm gonna mock one up from small tubing that does the oposite and concaves inward towards the center from the top and bottom. rebuilt 425 dual quad in Mt Pilot hasn't sold on ebay twice now for 2850. he's the guy building my 401 if i can ever get warm enough weather to get out and pull it...ken....