Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project "No Buck$ 49"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod 49, Jan 20, 2009.

1. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

2. scoggman

scoggman

3. Not sure if I like the AD truck or your Dads elco better. Nice job on both. I saw the link a few pages back and checked out the other build- then I remembered seeing it over there before. Camino sounds nice and rowdy. Anybody taken it down the quarter yet?

4. daddio211

daddio211

I too saw the truck at GNRS. Man, what a bitchin' pick-em-up!!!

5. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

[​IMG]

My buddy Rick snapped this one at GNRS for me.He was as impressed with your truck as I am.

6. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Here's a weird one..... Oil pressure kept dropping over the last couple weeks. Not bouncing like bearing issues, no noise just kept getting lower. It finally got to the point one night I got home and I had maybe 10lbs! I yanked the pan, everything looked fine, threw a new oil pump in (I had just changed oil like 3 weeks earlier, ugh) dumped new oil in, primed it and not much of a change! Now this is weird!!! Put a mechanical gauge on it to see and had like 10-15 lbs AFTER it warmed up (up from around 5) and it's not making any sense. I get up this morning and I'm pondering everything and nothing is making sense. I'm thinking how oil flows and wondering if I have a filter issue (Mobil 1) from 3 weeks earlier. I run down and pick up an AC to see what if and didn't want to use the same brand. Threw it on, fired it up and INSTANTLY 60 lbs. pressure! Way weird! I've always plugged the bypass valve so oil has to go through the filter or it wouldn't have been obvious and just pumped dirty oil through the motor. Lesson learned, no more Mobil 1 oil filters!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  7. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Glad you figured that out,Brad!
    They must be on par with those orange/black EZ grip junk Fr*m filters with the cardboard guts? Cut that Mobil 1 apart and see how it's constructed?

On a sidebar,I run Lucas Oil Treatment and Fuel Additive in all my vehicles and they're all running quieter...

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn man, sounds like a bullet dodged to me!

9. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Had a great weekend at the Father's Day Roadster Show and talked to lots of people that had seen the truck on here! Was pretty cool finding out I gave people ideas on how to do stuff to their trucks and cars! Was great meeting all of you!!!

10. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Good see'n you there , keep me posted on the b-ville project .

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Good to hang out with you and Alex for a bit.

12. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Glad you came by and hung out for awhile Phill! I'll keep you up to date and yes, you'll always be "blamed" for being one of the guys who got me into this goofy line of "work"!

13. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Good seeing you too Chip!

14. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Get ready for more low-buck goodies, guys! Going to finish up the AC and I think you'll dig it!

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Watching... Just mounted the under dash unit in the wagon the other day.

16. WOW! that was a few hours well spent. :) Wonderful job not only on the truck but in documenting it here for all to see and learn. Thanks,
    -Pat

17. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Was great meeting you and seeing your truck up close. It was a really good time at the roadster show meeting you, having lunch and hanging out with the E&B group and then cruising over to where Bad Bob had his group set up and visiting there for awhile, great Saturday for me.

18. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

Wow. Didn't sleep last nite because I was reading this and the boss got a few less hours of productivity from me today while finishing this read up... I love the ingenuity! I'll buy your book for sure! I will be incorporating a lot of your low buck tips into my 51 Studebaker truck build. Thank you so very much! I'm inspired!

19. well...... does the AC work yet?????

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

He's been busy striping and lettering EVERYTHING from Disney on up to the desert!

21. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Haven't been on in awhile and realized I left you guys hangin'! Got a bunch done on the AC, just need to finish up the lines/hoses. Someone was asking about the secret project I was involved in. Yeah, at the time I couldn't say anything about it but I guess now it's OK. My friend Dennis and myself did the the flames, airbrush work and striping on the truck Optimus Prime for the new Tranformers movie! Was a pretty cool gig to get the phone call for! We ended up doing 2 trucks that were identical and these things were crazy over the top hot rods built like crazy over the top hot rods! Been helping Alex a bit on his '64 and we finally got the motor and trans in it, so that's getting a bit closer! My latest project is the most over the top thing I've taken on ever! I decided to take a break from cars and do something I've wanted to really do my whole life and since I turned 50 I decided to make it happen... I'm building a streamliner and going racing at Bonneville! My brain has been going a million miles an hour on this endeavour and I'm really excited! I'll post some pics up soon to show whats going on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

LINE of work......BRILLIANT!

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So, enough with the suspense already...

24. daddio211

daddio211

25. still waiting.............

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Ok... I've been neck deep in chromoly tubing and am having a blast! I drew up some plans to scale so I had something to go off of, then had Kinkos print it out for me. I now have 2 full scale drawings (1 bottom and 1 side profile) that I've been able to pull all my measurements from! I'll show a few things once it's a little farther along, but I'll give you guys some dimensions to think about... 28' long, 26" wide and 27" tall

27. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

and pinstriped?

28. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?