Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project Flatliner!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 9, 2010.

1. fitzee

fitzee

sorry guys. I been busy with other stuff but im back at it.. Not much done but the trunk is welded up and tonight i got the quarter finshed tacked in place.. Have a bunch of boring welding to do so nothing new to report.. here is what I have got done... I cut that quarter off that I did at the first of the build..it never grew on my and was a bad idea..I used a quarter section from the 4 door parts car and welded it in place. need to finsh welded that on Saturday then get the roof welded up..

Attached Files:

2. fleet-master

fleet-master

looking real good Fitzee, the panel gaps are impressive!! keep it up!!

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the way you just dive in and hack her up! Nah, that don't look right . . . cut it out! :D

4. fitzee

fitzee

I have a thing for panel gaps..hate it when they are tight or too wide..had to cut the trunk up to get those.. they trunk was tight on the outside on the quarter..

5. fitzee

fitzee

Hay it is metal.. cut it up... weld it up..dont like it..cut it up agian..weld it up agian.. lol

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Glad to see you back at it buddy!!

7. I kind of liked the altered quarter better. Flowed nicely with the chopped roof. But, your car, your build. Nice work Fitzee. Pat

8. fitzee

fitzee

I got nothing old to drive now So tring my best to get this on the road for next summer.. big dreams but I got to try..

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Just get er done !!All I have now is the 64 Pontiac ....thats my incentive to get Rustyon the road.. dont know if I can but I am damn well gonna try even if its just a drive up the street!

10. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

glad to see some progress on this one Fitz ;) great work!

*not sent by an i phone*

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  11. fitzee

fitzee

Well spent the day welding and grinding.. Got the quarter done as well as the right side of the roof. left side is welded up but not grinded down..Im pleased at how it all came out. Just need more time to finshed all this welding..

Attached Files:

12. redstraw

redstraw
    from tn

car is looking good man.

13. Man your car is looking good. I just love the flow of the roof and trunk. Great work! Very inspirational!!

14. fitzee

fitzee

Not much done in the last few days..been busy at shop projects and seems like you make a night to work on it something comes up and you night at the car goes down the tub!! Saturday is a bust as well.. will be doing flatliner stuff but not with the car..found a donor truck to get all the running gear out of. going to go get it saturday. Now I had a 59 rambler last year and got rid of it only to have it show up at my shop two days ago!! that thing is following me everwhere!! lol.. was good to get it back cause there is a number of good parts I wished I never got rid of it. got the body side moldings and I think they will work great on the flatliner.. the taillight might just be what I was looking for for the back of flatliner as well I am going to size up the bumpers and see what they look like on the car.. Dont need another project so might just scrap the rambler and keep all the cool parts from it. but for now Ill just poke it away till I figure out what Im going to do with it..

Attached Files:

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

It deserves to live awhile longer lol, it keeps coming back to a semi safe enviroment haha! I like your ideas for parts from it , those headlights could have a use somewhere in the future.

16. fitzee

fitzee

see how the body rolls out on the front by the bumper? I going to see what that idea might look like on flatliner.. I see something cool I have to size it up on the car.. but it dont always speek to me and say yes that will work.. seems more times I try stuff and dont like it..lol

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

I love the molded pans look...there has to be enough curve where it joins the body to make it noticable but thats just me lol.

18. fitzee

fitzee

I need to size it up more.. Dont know how it might look. might be hard to do it with the grill treatment Im looking to build. There is alot of cool shapes and stuff on this rambler just using them the right way. The grill is cool but not in the flatliner..

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

The sum of a FEW parts is greater than the value of the whole car eh. Its just so ugly, especially the roof. put it on a 4x4 frame make a good winter beater shop truck :p

20. fitzee

fitzee

Hmmm 4x4 car!! Lol.. that's all I need is another one of those.. did that years ago lol. Got the 91gmc truck yesterday for the runing gear.. runs great and everthing works.. not bad for 100 bucks!! Drove it 250 km home and it drove nice for a hack..LOL

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

sounds like a good score!

22. rustydibris

rustydibris

i dont know how that old truck made it home... i kept my distance just in case it decided to spew its pistons and oil and my car :D its wild how that belt stayed together. In reality i never had any doubt them old trucks can take alot of abuse... well mine did lol

23. fitzee

fitzee

Final got some time to get back at the car.. first off went to order the gas tank for it..plan is to use a 65 Mustang tank and figure I have to order one in..nope!! they had one in stock!! how good was that.. got that dropped off and I had it in my head to get the trunk area clued up.. it put up a fight but 8 hours later I had all the outside and seams done..still might fine tune them but 8 hours was long enough at the trunk..then I moved on to the driver side door post and got that about 95% done.some welding inside but it is for the most part done.. itching to start on the floors so I want to get all the roof welded up so i can remove the inner framing so i can start the floors.. Im off to do a job the weekend so no time at it till next week..till then this is all for now..

Attached Files:

24. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Looks almost as good in pics as it does in the flesh fitzee!
    Nice work. :D

Have a good drive tomorrow...say Hey to Terry for me and catch you when you get back!

25. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice work Fitzee!

26. oldman2

oldman2

Fitzee, I have seen you posting on a few of the other builds that I have been watching for sometime. I had never had the time to add you to my list, but today I had a few hours, so I looked at your build. All I can say is WOW, you have done a great job. What you started with most people would run away. You have a great eye for the look you want, and you go for it. I'll be here till the finish, keep up the great work, and I for one am glad to be aboard...Jim

27. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Well...thats it then. It's official.

He's gonna have to start leaving the garage door open.

Now his head won't FIT thru the man door! Hahahaha :D:D:D

28. oldman2

oldman2

Now that's funny...Jim

29. fitzee

fitzee

bill your too funny..Thanks oldman2.. I been at the car but nothing worth taking pictures of. got the roof welded on and all the framing that was holding it all togeather is removed.. starting on the floors next so lots of cool stuff to see there..

30. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I'm just messing with ya...good to see you get a few pats on the back!
    The old girl is definately looking great.
    You really nailed the lines and curves! ;) :D