Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project Flatliner!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 9, 2010.

1. fitzee

fitzee

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

The pow wow...hahaha...always great fun!
    Look closely and you can see our formal bodyshop dinner table and collapsible seating! :)

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

hmm how about a pow wow on Bills Mopar! Havent seen any progress lately !

4. rusty addiction

rusty addiction

I feel inferior, I had the same model seat, but couldn't get it to collapse.
    What's that all about?
    :p:rolleyes:;)

5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the video. Sounds like Fitzee needs some new chairs!

6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Thought I'd have it on its wheels LAST weekend but I've been having major Compressor issues...to the point that I took back well over $200.00 in repair pieces that I've had to add over the last 3 months just to keep it running somewhat, and bought a shiny new one yesterday.
    Time is running WAY short and this needs to move to the next level ASAP!
    I'll be finishing up the cleaning and paint etc under the car this week and then she's rolling to fitzees shop as soon as I get the word.

Thanks for the help with picking the compressor up and carting it home Pete (Rustyaddiction)!!!

You're not inferior Pete.
    You just don't have as much...muscle mass...yeah, thats it! LoL

7. fitzee

fitzee

Bill Im ready when ever you are.. Ya it was first come first serve when it came to seating!! lol.

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well I expect to see some pics then Bill...soon!

9. fitzee

fitzee

Steve the bodywork is going to be interesting! the little dodge will have some olds as well as a touch of buick add!! lol hay bill?

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Oh my......
    KNEW I shouldn't have said anything!
    NOW I gotta get off my ass and do something productive!!!

How about we try for Friday night to bring her to your place fitzee?
    Let that old Chebby know what a real car looks like!!! :D

I'm gone anyway....gotta get some copper tube to connect my airline and start grinding/wirebrushing/priming/sealing/painting!

11. fitzee

fitzee

Friday night!! what about the friday dinner time pow wow!! LOL . you can drop it of friday morning and dinner time you can Have some me me time!! lol .. friday night is good.

12. rusty addiction

rusty addiction

Ya right Bill. You must go to the same gym as the Michelin man.:D

13. rusty addiction

rusty addiction

14. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Wow great job on this car! Makes me feel like a baby for bitching about the rust I am dealing with on my fleetline. You are an artist!

15. jhutch713

jhutch713

Great work, keep us all posted.

16. fitzee

fitzee

Well been over a week sence I touched it and I was in the need for a flatliner fix!!Show up at shop this morning with some problems on my mind for the last week.. The back of the car I noticed was not sitting on the rear of the frame right.. so this ment cutting all my bracing on the rear of the body clear and fixing this problem before I moved on..Had to let go most of the welds on the roof on driver side as well!! Well I know one thing..these car are not square!! far from it!! The hinges are out a half inch if I do a cross check with the back window!! anyway after about 3 hours of this I welding the bracing back up and tack weld up the roof agian and also did the pass side of the roof. Figure I better install the trunk lid before I go very much farther to make sure everthing is ok there. did a quick test fit and cut the corners of the top section of the lid so to let it flow with the car. The trunk seams on this car were always tight and I hated that so I ended up cutting the lower section of the trunk lid in 3 section and using some old lug nut washers for spacers.. I welded this part to the car!!

Attached Files:

17. fitzee

fitzee

Well now to the fun part!! tring to get the lid to sit lower and flow with the roof..not easy.. I ended up cutting the rear of the lid out..it was damaged here so didnt matter but this held the lid up and the crown here would not let it fall.. well with some figuring I got it to where I was happy and then I started trimming it and welding everthing up. I thought the two corners by the roof would give me trouble..Not at all! Trimed the two peices I had cut out and reinstalled them..Stll need to be fine tuned but I an happy how it turned out. Sorry some of the pictures are blury!! seems i had dirt on the lence on the phone!! lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  18. Roy39

Roy39

wicked Fitz---really starting to look good now.
    Hows the shoulder ?

19. fitzee

fitzee

Still bothering me but much better.. Just talking it easy.not over doing it.

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its got great flow at the back,looks great!

21. fitzee

fitzee

Steve this thing is on my mind all the time now.. want to spend alot more time then I do at it.It is just other projects belong to other people get in the way!!

22. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Looks great fitz!
    Guess I'll be one of those people with projects in your way soon.
    Looks like it will be at your place tomorrow nite!!! LoL
    Just gotta get one tire fixed so it stays up!

23. fitzee

fitzee

Bring it on Bill.. so tomorrow night as in after 8?? or before?

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

I wanna see some pics boys! Fitzee I am sure Bill will be more than willing to lend a helping hand to Flatliners progress once 'Ol Back In Black' is lookin like a car again :D In case you didnt catch that Bill I just voluntered you to sand bondo on Flatliner !

25. fitzee

fitzee

Steve Bill is one of those guy that will never leave you stuck.. he help me out to get both the caddy the first year and the trailer last year done to go to the nationals and handed me over his blazer for a plow truck..Its my turn to look after him!! lol..

26. fitzee

fitzee

Steve need to work on the paint color on his car..I see it white with white wheels dog dish.. simple and clean..

Attached Files:

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

I dont think you could go wrong with that choice...maybe throw a little pearl in the mix while you were at it :rolleyes:

28. fitzee

fitzee

Ok final got a chance to roll flatliner out by the door today for a walk about.. Oh I can see that right quarter is got to go..Dont know what I was thinking!!I see a few things I need to work on but over all Im very happy with how it looks..

Attached Files:

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

It looks even better outside, you really nailed the profile ! ,its so easy to mess up a chop on a fastback but I think you have shown us how to do it right! Now get the damn pass side welded up :D , and yes that includes the rear quarter re-do :rolleyes: How much more metalwork ya figure you have left to do on the chop?

30. fitzee

fitzee

Thanks Steve.. I just need to make sure the door top and post are going to be good then it start welding everthing solid. you can see the holes that need to be filled. There is still a number of hours here yet..