Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project "AREA 51" 51 Mercury update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, May 11, 2008.

1. Concrete B

Concrete B

Are you serious...this this is sooooo amazing.

2. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

a year and a half huh, Damn I need to get my ass in the garage more. :)

Looking good bro!!!

3. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Hi, Met you at sgmp,on the 25th. awesome job on the merc. dragster is in the shop for the winter.Todd and I talked about the 28. jim.

4. Taillights done!

Attached Files:

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

MMMMM. My fav tailights in '51's. I have a set on the shelf for if I ever get one. What is the plate that the lamps are on from? Just a piece you made?

6. QQMOON

QQMOON

Looking good Chad keep up the great work

QQ

7. The plate is just a piece I made from some stainless sheet I had laying around. The light sockets are just some swap meet scores. BTW my favs too.

Joe, thanks, Im hoping to get exhaust done tomarrow or tue, then a radiator for a real test drive. J wants to take it on a couple quarter mile runs!!! Im definatelly going to let her. Ill keep you posted.

8. Dave, you'de get more done on the Dodge if you spent a little less time in your sock......HAHAHA
    Thanks Chad

9. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

looking good..always look forward to the updates,,

10. stragedy

stragedy

Aren't you glad I talked you out of those 90's caddy jobs you were thinking about ?!

11. stragedy

stragedy

Nice. I have no idea how you remember to take pictures as you go along. I always look up and it's too late.

You get anything done over thanksgiving or just some good eating ?

12. Awesome progress, so you are keeping the EFI. What engine is that again, from a Mustang or Explorer or something? Running a MAF?

13. Explorer assembly with Mustang dressings. Keeping the EFI and running Mass Air. E303 cam,punched .030 over Hyper plugs, polished heads, GT40 intake and shorty headers. Built to be driven! ETHER

14. E303 cam, badass.

At some point I'd like to drop a cammed LSx into my Merc but I want to drive the car around for a solid summer before I do that.

15. MercManMario

MercManMario

Speaking of Mass Air, did you open the summit this month and see the listing for brand new 4.6 mod motor/tranny combo's for 4K? Really want to run a mod motor in mine. Actually my real dream is to run a 4.6 mod motor with stack injection...but stack injection is like 5K :eek:. Anyways....i think if you aren't running a flattie in the these cars, a modern EFI is a great way to go. No hot/cold start problems, and idle compesation for A/C :)

16. oz40

oz40

G day Ether,
    I hope the Xmas and new year feastive season was kind to you and family.
    Just checking up on you, and admiring the progress.
    See you on the street soon
    oz40 (Tom)

17. bennettamx

bennettamx

One hell of a build. I need a brake after reading all 3 threads on this one. Keep us posted

18. Concrete B

Concrete B

Any more updates? I'd like to see them if you have them.

19. Hate to tell ya, but nothing new. Ive been working on customers cars (50 Buick, 34 Ford sedan, and 69 Rambler) but hoping to get a little done this weekend. ETHER

20. Looking forward to seeing that thing on the road this summer! I'll pm you about the pesky 5.0 in the Falcon - again :D. You fixed it over the phone last time, you could probably text message the fix this time.

21. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Your killing me man! Don't worry about the customers cars and get that merc out and rollin! I mean the family can eat ramen noodles for a few months, its no biggie. :)

22. blackout

blackout

Nice lookin car.

23. GOOD NEWS, Im out in the shop working on the front clip as we speek!!!! Finished the 50 Buick I was working on for a customer. I thought you guys were tired of the updates and pics????? ETHER

24. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Not at all!!!!!!! ... Waiting for these updates since ever...:)

25. I got the front clip on end to do some finishin touches before I blast and prime it. Trying to tie up a few loose ends. Pics might help a few 53 Desoto grill installs. Just a little teaser, its been awhile.
    ETHER

Attached Files:

26. Well boys and girls, how about a little eye candy??? I got a little done on my own crap this weekend, and man did it feel good. Here are a few pics of the rusted fender bottoms.

Attached Files:

27. Now how about some long eyelashes?? I know this has been covered a hundred times but here it goes again. I used a set off a 54 Ford.

Attached Files:

28. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

AWESOME!!! I'm working on my front sheet metal as well, i can't wait until its finally rigid and not floppin' around like a fish out of water LOL...Car looks good keep up the work, and thanks again for the cd IT HAS HELPED ALOT!!!!!
    bob

29. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

Killer work man. Well played,very well played.