Register now to get rid of these ads!

progress pics on the 38 gasser,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X--GASSER, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Its been some time since I last posted but Im making a little progress. For the most part the chassis is done. I decided to use a floating mount on the rear axle to eliminate binding with the ladder bars that Im still making. I still need to brace the body, build the cage, build floors and firewall and install a few patch panels etc etc. Heres the frame..

Attached Files:

2. Heres the body or whats left.

Attached Files:

3. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

nice work, are you gonna cut the rear fenders gasser style of not?? keep the pics coming ...........:cool:

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Lookin good Reed, your really moving along on your build!
    Thanks for the update.
    LSM

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Looking good. Cant wait to see it run.

6. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Missouri

Looks good.!!

7. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Looks Great!! I was going to go with a floating mount on mine also. The manufactures I talked to reccomended not using them on the street. So, to eliminate the bind, I just slotted the mounting holes where the 5/8th's bolt goes through at the frame. Now, when the suspension travels it don't bind. The ladder bars are actually acting like slapper bars to prevent spring wrap -up, which was all I wanted them to do anyways. Seems to work ok, the little I've driven it, but theres lots of testing left to do. Just my 2 cents. Don't lose your momentum, your well on your way! Nice work!!:cool:

Bernie

8. thanks, guys.

9. Rusty

Rusty

Reed, just found the post. Looks like you have been hard at it on this one. Why didnt you come to the Roundup??? Gonna have the Gasser ready for the the Drags??

10. The trip can be as much fun as the destination.
    Lookin good!

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

Looks damned good man...hmmm, maybe in 2007 we could have a shootout between your '38 Chev and my '40 Plymouth...that would be something to look forward to...

12. Ill have to take you up on that challenge. Im trying to have it ready for the drags this year...

13. Ruiner

Ruiner

I'd be damned lucky to have mine ready for next year's drags, as it sits right now it's a rusting beaten hulk I picked up for 100 bucks at an auction, got a complete front suspension/steering setup already rebuilt, complete rearend/suspension setup already rebuilt, a "running when pulled 25 years ago" 354 hemi and tranny (adapting to either a small block 727 or a *gasp* T-5 Ford, or a toploader 3 spd, depending on what I come across)...it's possible to have it driving, especially since I can do all of the work myself except for the engine machining...stranger things have happened...oh, and Fear the River Valley Shaker...or don't, it's up to you...hahaha