Register now to get rid of these ads!

Progress on the Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26TCoupe, Jun 8, 2007.

1. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Finally got in the garage to get a little work done on the T.
    [​IMG]
    took the body outside and sandblasted the existing structure along the bottom edges of the body so I could plug weld the rectangular tubing in place for the floor.
    [​IMG]
    Now I have a structure to bolt to the frame.

[​IMG]

New rear axle from Currie
    [​IMG]

New Wheels/Tires and a set of homemade header pipes.... it's finally starting to look like a car again!

[​IMG]

2. looking good, surprised to see the Y bar on the rearend

3. hvychvy

hvychvy

Looks great,are you gonna chop it?if so, how much?

4. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Yup, right now I'm thinking about 6"

5. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Interesting rearend setup. I'm starting to really like the T's. Glad to see your four bar set up on the front too!

6. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

I like it!
    but the way you got your
    rearend set up is off the wall

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Looks good.....but just curious, what's the purpose of the Y on the rear with the parallel leafs???

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

9. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

I'll admit, the rear suspension wasn't my design, it was cheaper and easier for me to buy one that was already built. I purchased the frame from a company called TPerformance, it is their "pro-street" design, so the y-bar is to keep the axle housing from shifting or twisting under load. The same concept as traction bars, keeps everything nice and stiff to get the power transfered to the ground.

10. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Looks Great.

11. COOL! I like it. Say, just for thought, instead of chopping it off the part of the body where it is now taped - another option that really looks nice on those is looking at the door window opening, for example say it is a 14" height - measure down 7 " to find your center - then from that center point measure up 3" + down 3" to get your 6" chop out of the center area around the car. Another option is remove the front header panel above the windshield then whatever that measure is - remove that amount on your body chop (instead of say 6") what this does is gives the chop a balanced look + when looking at the front the roof is now down to the top of the windshield and it gives a clean look. Sometime back on here one of the other guys has a 26/27 T coupe & he posted a picture. It was only the second one I have ever seen done that way - the other one I saw done on a 26/27 T back in the early 60's. Anyway, enjoy what looks like one nice T coupe project!

12. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Hey nice looking car!
    I'm also building a 26 T coupe with the Total Performance rear frame. Got it used with the front half welded to it, including four bar and a pan hard for cross steering. I'm going with a Buick V6 with an S-10 rearend. I don't think I'll need that Y thing though, with only 125 ponies. Mine will be full fendered and not chopped. Do you have a picture of the front end? Also what size are your tires?
    Tom

13. Nightshade

Nightshade

Sort of a "poor mans" link setup I like it :)

Car is looking real good there I like the dump location on the pipes too that really looks good.

14. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

man I would leave it a tall boy it looks perfect the way it is now.

15. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

The tires are Firestones from Coker, 5.60X15 in the front and 8.20X15 in the rear. As for the chop, the tape on the car was only to get an idea of what the finished height might be, not the lines to cut at. I agree about removing the header panel above the windshield, I think it looks much better without it. It will be a while before it gets chopped anyways, right now I just want to get the mechanicals put together so I can drive it, then I'll get started on the bodywork. I don't have any pics of the frontend just yet but I'll see if I can get some.

16. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Yours doesn't need any body work compared to mine. Thanks for the tire size. I'm looking forward to seeing what the frontend looks like.
    Tom

17. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Still have a lot to put together on the front end but here is what I have so far....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Home-A'd

Home-A'd

Looking sharp man. I'm a big T fan. It's nice to see one other than a bucket. Although I do enjoy those as well when done right. Great job so far.

19. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

I Dig>>>>>>>chop It!!!!!

20. Looks great bro' keep up the good work. Rags

21. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

It doesn't look too bad tall, but it looks sooo much better chopped!
    [​IMG]

22. Way cool, I dig it, different well thought, I like all the engineering and I dig the exhaust.