Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on Rocky's 34 coupe..last update 9/30/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah it’s the video it did it to mine as well, watched it again to make sure.... and listen to all those good hot rod noises :)

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  2. Been awhile. I've been busy with house/shop stuff and driving the wheels off the 34. Then, the other day the engine began to miss. I nursed the 34 home and gave it a compression test. 5 and 7 were swapping compression back and forth so tonight I tore it down and had a look. I wish I could put the photos up here but I just got a new cell phone and it and my computer are not speaking.....yet. As I figured, the head gasket was blown between 5 and 7. While I was removing head bolts I checked torque readings and the torque was correct. I've got the parts soaking and I'm gonna double check if those head gaskets are what I want. A few minutes in my motors manual should be illuminating ....

Desoto291Hemi, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmm... might be time for a swap to more cubic inches....

-Abone.

loudbang likes this.
  4. No way, Jeff! My extra time is for my 50 Pontiac coupe project. Bought a motor/trans for it yesterday..55 short block, '59 heads/intake and AFB. Was in a 55 show car 'till the car was involved in an accident. Comes with 55 driveshaft, rear motor mount crossmember [55] and the slant pan hydro still attached. Alas...no kick down linkage. That's prolly gonna be a bitch

5. No problem Rocky ,
    Just clean it good,,,,,check the heads for any uneven spots,,,,,,and go back at it .
    It could have just been a bad gasket to start with,,,,,,I’ve seen failures like that before.
    Good luck,,,,,,great car .

Tommy

loudbang likes this.
  6. I got a yard or two out here we can check

loudbang likes this.
  7. Rocky, give flat Top Bob a call, he seems to come through for me when I need hard to find pieces. HRP

loudbang likes this.