Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on Rocky's 34 coupe..last update 9/30/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Wow, not a negative response in the bunch. Thanks, guys. Rear wheels are 8.5" and tires are 285/70R15 . Used to be common but not for years. Corky Coker makes them and they're repops of the BF Goodrich tire. Raised letters but not white letters, thank God.

2. Who says, 'chrome dont get ya home', Looks like a home run to me. Love the new look. The wires are still cool too.

Thor1, 31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  3. I was over at a buddy's shop yesterday checking out his bronze and cream 56 bel air 2 door hardtop and he said he had a hide the same color and texture as the leather on my seats. Was able to get it for a good price. I'll be perusing the HAMB upholstery threads to see what I can do with it... 34leather7_20.jpg

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool!

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  5. alchemy

alchemy

Make a jacket to match the car?

Thor1, loudbang and 31hotrodguy like this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Rocky I had some pieces left over that my talented daughter sewed into a storage bag for my car cover and a nice leather tote for my "go bag" (tools, polishes, towels, flask, etc.). She also used a piece to make a liner for my glove box.

dan31, GordonC and loudbang like this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Head liner or much easier door panels

loudbang and Tman like this.
  9. Thats an easy call, fur lined full length pimps coat! With a big floppy felt fedora, in white.

Elcohaulic, nitrobrother and loudbang like this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@Tman does he really need two?

nitrobrother, loudbang and brEad like this.
  11. True

loudbang and Tim like this.
  12. Ha ha.........I had to run an errand late yesterday so I used my coupe for transportation. Had to walk down some steps to get where I needed to go and when I came back, I thought this shot was kinda cool so I took a photo. It came out a lot fuzzier than I expected. 34downlow.jpg

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Oooooooh yeah. Looks great man

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Fuzzy..... just the operator

Lookin' good Rock

31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  15. loudbang

loudbang

Better with a little light added and some fuzz removed. :)

1.jpg

16. Tonight was a special night for me. I attended a local cruise and pulled in next to "Tracy's" flawless steel 32 roadster. Tracy owns and operates the Recovery Room upholstery shop. I've known him for over 30 years and watched his business grow through the years, upholstering high end magazine hot rods and customs. In the past I've asked him to give me an estimate on a nice upholstery job for my coupe but he wouldn't...too busy.
    Tonight he said he'd give me an estimate after I dumped the bucket seats and installed a bench. I've been wanting to change to a bench seat as long as I've had the car anyway. I'm pumped! Been saving up just for just such an opportunity for a long time. Maybe this winter? He said if he wasn't too busy we could do it in sections. Door panels at one time, headliner when he got some slack time etc etc. I'm so excited I clicked a photo of my old coupe parked in it's new home. 34atnightingarage.jpg

bchctybob, Stogy, Lowlife and 18 others like this.
  17. Awesome news! I can't wait to see your new interior. Adding a bench seat will be a cool improvement. Keep us posted!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Way cool about the upholstery. Coupe looks fantastic

loudbang likes this.
  19. You're moving fast, it took me almost 20yr to get upholstery in my Truck. I hope it works out for you.

20. How will I visit since yer not at 2810 anymore!?

loudbang likes this.
  21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

sooooo the wires for sale???

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Is that corinthian leather?:p:D

Elcohaulic, loudbang and Tim like this.
  23. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

loudbang likes this.
    loudbang likes this.
  25. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

My mate used to do upholstery he,s retired now, but said he will still do my 34. About 6 or 7 weeks ago he took my door panels away and they came back yesterday. Now he's gone off with the bench seat. Might take a while but I don't mind.

brEad and loudbang like this.
  26. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

noooooooooooo

Stogy likes this.
  27. atch

atch

You gotta have something in there to allow you to drive the thing dontcha? Five gallon bucket? Milk crate?

31hotrodguy, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  28. When I get some time ahead, I'll go to u-pull-it and measure some seats. Got a buddy who put a stretch cab [?] S-10 seat in his 41 chevy. It folds forward to allow back seat passengers to enter. It also moves forward on it's tracks to facilitate rear seat entry when the seat back is moved. Also comes with a fold down armrest.
    I really want to replace the buckets [leather covered '93 grand am] with a bench done in a traditional style. 34inside7_18.jpg

bchctybob, Stogy, brEad and 3 others like this.
  29. atch

atch

Ooooohhhh.

I thought that you didn't currently have any seats in the car. Now I understand.

31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  30. Welp, I had a little trouble with the quick change rear end in my coupe. It began making some clickity clack noises on my way home a few days ago. I yarded it out from under the car and drove it out to a buddy's shop. He'd set it up for me when I first got it and he's got all the tools to set one up...and a clear work bench.
    He got it apart today and gave me a call so I drove out there to see WTF! It appears the posi carrier I'd bought used a few years ago had a bunch of bolts loosen up and fall out. I consider it my fault because I should have checked all the carrier bolts for tightness before I used it.
    The ring and pinion both got damage from the 5/16ths bolts bouncing around inside. I have a new ring and pinion and a new carrier coming. 34quickchangeblowedup.jpg 34quickchangeblowedup1.jpg

GordonC, OFT, 31hotrodguy and 3 others like this.