Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on Rocky's 34 coupe..last update 9/30/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking good, Rocky!!

2. jangleguy

jangleguy

Aw, that ain't shit! I've seen better... Well, okay, I guess it's pretty awesome. Allright, I'll say it: You're livin' my dream! Keep on it...

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

GREAT STUFF ...

I love to see someone step up to the plate and take a pig's ear and turn it into a silk purse.

Hopefully the guy who bought this Deuce 3W will have the same sucess ...

[​IMG]

Sure has been a LOT of drama ... about it and it's purchase. :)

4. all it takes is time, work and money, not necessarily in that order....but 32 quarter panels are even more $$ than 34 quarters I'm told.
    My 32 needed quarters really bad but it was before they were available repop...I eventually sold the body because of it.

Attached Files:

5. jangleguy

jangleguy

I saw that '32 up close and personal - it was a real cob! Rocky cleaned it up pretty good though...

6. yeah, it started as a pile of sheetmetal lying next to a fence.

Attached Files:

7. I would love to start with e 32-34 in ANY shape! My Tudor is about as bad tho.........

keep us posted Rockinator. I am on call in the AM, maybe an old Sunday morning phone call is in order?

8. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Those ol' coupe bodies are never too far gone, it is just how bad do you WANT it. Your ol coupe wasnt much worse than mine and your 34 is proof that if you you want it bad enough then you can have it.

Looking good .

9. Last night we did some finish welding inside the rear quarters. finished welding the rear panels below the trunk to the trunk floor and tied it all together. Plug welded the firewall in place and cut-out and installed new lower right side cowl patch panel...popped the windsheild and windshield frame in place too.photos later
    Tired...........

10. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

WOW, Rocky sounds like some great progress. Keep it goin. Gary

11. Lookin' good Mr. Rocky.

Gonna keep this one for a while?

12. a photo

Attached Files:

13. HAMB drags are coming... you're gonna have to get busy! ;-) Looks great!

14. Jay...I'll hang onto this one 'till they put me in the ground. I may have others and may sell/trade them but a 33-34 ford coupe has always been my dream-rod. It's mine forever...er, until I can't drive it anymore.

15. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Very cool...

Oh I'm gonna be gettin' started on tearin' up that old '36 Olds 4dr you saw when you came out to my place. I'll put those front fender/marker lights off to the side for you if your interested in 'em.

I like the Poncho engine idea...Even though it'd be a hell of alot cooler with a 303 Olds...

16. Hey Rock......did you try calling earlieer?

Car lookin good man.

17. Yeah, I sent you a PM..thanks!

18. Nope...wasn't me this time.

19. Last night's progress: I worked on door hinges [they're ready except for new pins] while Jimmy welded the little skirts on the bottom, outside areas of the new firewall, tying them into the toe boards. Nothing exiting enough to take photos of..still waiting for the "parts-dipper guy" to come for the top and dip it in his chemical vat so we can chop and install it. THAT"S gonna be a big milestone!

20. Got s'more work done on the coupe last night....doing the un-fun work that nobody will see when the car is finished. The new doors are from a 4 door so the hinges were different in construction than the coupe hinges. Porblem is, the half that attaches to the door itself is riveted AND spot welded to the door........and they had to come off without killing the door. It means drilling out the rivets and the spot welds without snapping off the drill bits. I bought some el-cheapo 1/8th drill bits and sure enough, I broke off 2 of them at the bottom of the first 2 holes I drilled....
    While I was breaking shit, Jimmy was fitting the hinge pillar to the other door....and fighting the placement of the stamped-in hinge pockets of the new SAR roadster quarters..........which are completely different than 4 door/coupe hinge spacing. He had cut the door jamb off the new quarters to modify them to fit and we'll weld them back to the quarters after they're all modified to fit the coupe/ sedan hinges.
    When we took the doors off the body, the top had nothing to sit on so it sits a little low in the front...it's temporary.
    All in all, a productive evening.

Attached Files:

21. Startin to look like a car Rocky. Keep after it.

22. Thanks. I still have a great enthusiasum to work on the car. It's gonna get built if it takes me years..and it already has taken years.

23. More work on the doors and hinges...got the passenger door hung and as soon as we get the driver's door hung, it's CHOPPIN TIME! I can hardly wait to see my car with a 3 and 1/2" chop...that's what we settled on.
    We also had a heart to heart talk about paint color....Jimmy said go with the first color you imagined the car painted and I gotta agree.
    It's gonna be BLACK!
    CHECK THIS OPEN-DOOR-POLICY...It's amazing how much work it took to get this door to swing open and closed. Bought all my door latches, handles,strikers, safety latches etc etc..

Attached Files:

24. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Coming along nice!

25. Went over this evening to see more progress the last day or so....got the other door on and it's coming together. Can't wait to cut the top!

Attached Files:

26. OK.....we cut the top 3 and 1/2 inches tonight. Still have to finish up the chop but the damn top is dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn! Finally

Attached Files:

27. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

looks great. . keep up the good work!