Register now to get rid of these ads!

Progress on my T coupe-pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Mar 20, 2005.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Just picked up my T coupe from Choprods shop today.I had him do all the hard stuff.He blasted the body,did some rust repair and chopped the top while he had it.I think it turned out great and I really like the look it has.I had this car at the Hamb drags last year, with a roadster body on it then.Decided to change the body to a coupe over the winter.Hope to get it back on the road this summer and get a lot of driving time on it.My new job pretty much kills all my spare time so I know its gonna take me a lot longer than most to get it back on the road.Planning on getting some kinda paint on it and interior in it, also.

2. fatabone

fatabone

I liked your roadster but I think the coupe is Bad Ass! Hope to see it at the Drags this year.

3. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Thanks Fat, Iwouldnt miss it for the world! I will be there with bells on.Reggie.

4. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Cool car! I bet it's gonna be a blast to drive.

5. looks awesome...

the chop and the stance really make the car look well proportioned..

good luck

6. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Looks great!!!:cool:

What color you gonna shoot it???

7. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I havent decided exactly what color I want to use for sure, but have narrowed it down to a couple of em. Looking to paint it a color that would look like it would of been done in the 60s.

8. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Looks really awesome Scarliner! Is that deuce frame?

Nick

9. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Nick, the frame was built by Choprods frome scratch to look like a 32.He used rect, tubing, then added a side plate cut and shaped like the 32. I think it makes the car look much better than the usual small thin look a normal t or a frame has.Thanks.

10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Looks good, how much is it chopped.

11. Car looks good. What kind of rear tires are those?

JH

12. Greezy

Greezy

Looking good Reggie. Hmm I think a nice Rootbeer Brown would look pretty cool on that thing.

13. raven

raven

"I will be there with bells on."

That'll be worth the wait.
    I liked the roadster, but I think the coupe look so much better.
    r

14. beatnik

beatnik

Nice, I liked the roadster, but I got a thing for coupes. I'll be checking it out at the drags.

15. Kustm52

Kustm52

Damn, that thing looks good! Choprods wouldn't happen to be doing anymore work on another rusty coupe, would he :D :D???

Brian

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ok, I'll be the odd person out here....HOW COULD YOU WANT A COUPE OVER A ROADSTER???:eek: :eek: :eek: How ya gonna pick up chicks?? Don't ya know they like going topless instead of being all "coupe-d" up??:D

I'll see ya at the drags but I'm not going to check out the coupe:p ;)

17. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

To all that commented on the car thanks much.Plans are to do it up in a fifties type home grown, dirt floor, pitiful air compressor,type paint job in an appliance type "copper" color, with a white tucknroll interior and a white insert for a top,maybe even a white firewall, but keep it all just o.k., so I can drive the hell out of and enjoy peoples company at the "DRAGS".
    And Denise, not to worry, I got a good taste of roadster ownership last summer,weather was great, and now I cant live with out one.So I went out to Nebraskee or ( ROCKY LAND ) as I prefer to call it and brought home a fair old 27 T touring body, thats my next roadster! Im hooked on em! Of course I never got wet last year or cold! Is that part of the true roadster experience? HA HA!
    the tires on the rear are just old farm truck tires, you can buy most anywhere, only problem is, they are ten ply, I have about 5lbs of air in them and the car still rides rougher than hell.
    One more pic, I self titled this one as "two brothers living the dream"
    Looking forward to seeing everyone at MO-KAN !

Attached Files:

18. This alllllllll..... comes back to me now![short term memory ya kno].........chop was 5" in rear and 7" in front.:)

Ive seen em chopped more -but they sat lower too.....

19. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

My opinion, the chop looks great. thanks for the info.

20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Damn...has that been MY problem all these years? All I own is coops...

R-