Register now to get rid of these ads!

Progress on my 51 cheapskate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flyinsolo71, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Flyinsolo71

Flyinsolo71
    from Austin

So I thought I would share some of the fruits of my labor over the last three days. I started diggin into my 51. Here are some before and after pics.
    I cut the front coils and fixed up the front seat. I know, nothing fantastic so far. However I must say that the tech threads on this board have been a huge help! My goal is to get this thing cleaned up and running great for $3000. So far I have $200 into it. Up next will be cleaning up the back seat and installing a grill. Then the door handles are coming off. Stay tuned.

-Paul

Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rocket

Rocket
    from Austin Tx

looking good!

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Great start. I think I'm going to make 'fitted' blankets for my car because I can't stand them sliding around every time I get in and out!

4. Nice start, keep us posted, Rags

5. Flyinsolo71

Flyinsolo71
    from Austin

Progress is slow going. Busy time of the year for me right now so I only have 1 day a week to work on it. As you can see I shaved the door handles and I have begun working on the body.

My question is should I pull off the panel/doors or leave them on while fixing issues and block sanding? I was thinking of painting the doors/hood/trunk/fenders off of the car and then putting them back on for final clear.

Any advice would be great.

-Paul

[​IMG]