Register now to get rid of these ads!

Progress on da 36, with pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Terry, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Terry

Terry

Well - Well. I've finally had a bit of good luck off late!

First I was told of a cat here in town that WAS building a 37 Ford but quit on it and moved onto a Modified. He had a killer frame, and a neat little bed made for the 37 and now wanted to sell both pieces. I went and looked and bought the frame and bed for 350.00!!!

Now this weekend I got a lead on a 59 Caddy 390 with tranny. It is or was in a 53 Pontiac, but the owner is one of those Pro-Street guys and is swapping in a 454/400 combo. The 390 just made a trip to Florida and back with no problems. So it looks like I can just stick it in and go. And the best part is, if I pick it up and get it out of his shop I can have it for free!

I took a few pic of the frame, but in my excitement didn't do it before setting the truck on top to see how it would look. This pic - We see the lovely Miss Tina showing us how the truck is looking today.

Attached Files:

2. Iceberg

Iceberg

Do you have some pictures of the bed & frame? Looks good!

3. Terry

Terry

Here is a picture of the front half of the frame

Attached Files:

4. Terry

Terry

And here is the bed. Couldn't believe I got lucky enough to find a bed for sale, and that the guy was building a shorty bed just like I had planned!

Attached Files:

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The hot rod gods were definitely smiling on you my friend! [​IMG]

6. Terry,looks great.That short box is kill.Caddy mill will be kewl in that thing.keep us posted on progress........Shiny