Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ProForm locking washers for headers. Have you used them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Budget36, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Budget36

Budget36

2. Looks like they have added Nord-Lock washers to the bolt...

3. I took the bait and ordered a pair for my Falcon..haven’t got the headers on yet, other than a couple bolts to hold them in place..exhaust leaks are a pet peeve of mine, and it’s tight in that engine bay..I didn’t scrimp on gaskets or bolts...

4. That is one of those things where you try to spend your $$ once. I would give it a shot and see what happens. The exhaust also has to be very well supported, something it took me a while for that light bulb to come on... 3' long Hooker header mufflers and NO hanger makes for loose and leaky headers.

5. squirrel

squirrel

I haven't had any trouble with normal bolts, since I switched to composite or copper gaskets, from the old white ones.

I just have to remember to snug the bolts every now and then.

I wonder how well these work, if the gasket can still compress?

6. Soft copper flange gaskets solved the issue on my ‘40 Chevy. Previously I had to tighten header bolts 3 or 4 times a year.

7. mkubacak

mkubacak

8. Budget36

Budget36

For sure. I don't have good access to the rear #7 and #8 bolts, so using Stage 8's won't work -I have had Stage 8's before though, worked great. I forget the gasket I used, it was a Mr. Gasket "dead soft" or similar, sold the truck after 2 years and never had a leak.

Wonder why they only put 12 in the kit though? Oh well.