Register now to get rid of these ads!

Proceedure for modding a holley 94 into a secondary?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ADReese, Sep 15, 2010.

1. ADReese

ADReese
    from spokane

I'm working on a multi-carb intake with holley 94's. I have decided to try running progressive and I am getting ready to modify the secondary carbs. I have already learned a ton from the HAMB about fitting the throttle plates nice and snug, and disabling the idle circuit, but does anyone have a definitive step by step proceedure for converting these carbs into secondary "dumpers"? Any and all suggestions are welcome. I also read on here that there was once a magazine article (street rodder I think) that covered this process in depth, does anyone have a copy they could email me? Thanks in advance!

2. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

I'd be interested in this too... anyone?

3. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For info go here:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286574&highlight=holley+94

But before you do, since you said you wanted to "try" progressive, I'd start with the idle circuit in the secondaries. If you do get a good seal on th ethrottle plates, you can leave the idle screws shut. If not, you can crack the idle screws if needed. You can always converst them after you get the setup tuned to your liking.....and if you want to "try" straight linkage that option is still open.

4. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

As said, close off idle circuits, close blades all the way[back out idle adjusting screws], and remove the power valves. We just did it on a 283 with progressive linkage, works pretty good.