Register now to get rid of these ads!

Problem logging in on this site.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by xhotrodder, Jul 15, 2016.

1. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Just wanted to give everybody a heads up. I recently cleared out all my old browsing history, which erases all of your passwords. When I went to log on to this site. It told me I had one new message waiting for me. I thought it was from someone on this site so I clicked on it. It threw up a screen saying I had a Trojan horse and I needed to click on the button provided immediately. The only way I could get out of this constant loading, and re-loading of this screen when I tried to delete it was to shut my computer down. I don't know if the Administrators are aware of this, if they are being paid to allow it, but I don't appreciate it. To me it is a form of extortion. Some people who may not be very computer savvy, may actually go to this site and pay the prices for the services that are not needed. Just wanted to warn every one about this.

2. Hmmnnnnn I have never had the problem. I always log on manually and clear my browser every time I close it.

3. Were you logged in already when it showed up? Or was it there before you actually signed back in?

There are some ads that I have occasionally seen that look like message notifications.

4. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I clicked on it before I actually signed in my username.

5. It was an ad. You won't be able to see your message notifications until you are signed in.

And conversely, once you sign in the ads go away.

6. X: I x-ed out of the Hamb, cleared my browser history then logged back on, no problems??

7. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

My question is why are these type of ads allowed on the site anyway?

8. That I can't answer. It would be a question for @Ryan

I don't know that he has any control over the "type" of ads that appear. He did do us all a service by making them disappear once you log in.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That is extortion. And it's bullshit. Really pisses me off. I'll report to it to Google. They control those ads.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. I had to log out and refresh a few times to get it again. Did it look like this? I believe I've seen one that has a red flashing notification as well.
    upload_2016-7-15_14-8-59.png

@Ryan if it helps you any the link goes to chirpdirect "dot" com

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That so pisses me off... I've reported it.