Register now to get rid of these ads!

private yard pics in central TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by original patina, Mar 25, 2010.

1. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

You sure that's a Super Bee? I figured it was a Coronet 500 by the looks of the chrome trim on the quarter panel.

2. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Yes. Checker Aerobus. This actually belongs to a friend who stashed it here because of the size and lack of space to put it. He hasn't had the $$$ in a couple years to do anything with it and a proposal would probably pry it loose.

Could be? He mentioned that not many survive but I can't recall the model now.

Efficient use of space for making objects largest within parameters. Deal with it. :p

3. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Maybe the poms swapped MG badge then?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Not my forte. Plenty here far more knowledgeable...going off what I was told. Couldn't shoot this thing properly either (barb wire fence, cars, brush) but maybe these will help:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. OP,

I used to drive one of those Checkers when I worked for a friend of mine and his limosine service. Iam not exactly sure what they were specifically built for, but the damn thing fooled me just about every time I loaded luggage in the back. I would walk to what I thought was the drivers door (ooops, right behind the drivers seat again...). I finally figured that I could turn a once again foolish mistake into a bit of a comedy routine by opening up the door, hoppin in, closing the door, then sit there looking at the passengers with my "whats wrong" look. It was a great time in my life and that picture sure brings back the memories.

Thanks,

Scott

6. calvinh

calvinh

I'm looking at this thread on my crackberry so I can't see the pictures real well but the 4 door above the camper picture. Is that a 52 Chevy? Is he selling the whole car? PM me if so please.

7. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

what would he want for that checker?

8. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

it looks to be a 53-54 bigger body and it has the teeth

9. sled

sled

It looks to me as a early 50's Caddy...sled

10. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

MG = Morris Garage... This is oa MG sport Sedan also badged as a Riley, Austin, or Morris depending on the market, being that this one is left hand drive it was marked MG because us yanks are familiar with that brand and not the others....This is a pretty rare car and probably not worth a dime. be a weird custonm though... I like it.

11. sled

sled

OP, the more i look the more these cars looks REALLY solid and great builders...also i noticed a 55 Mercury wagon,not an everyday thing...

Is the Stude post car a 55 or 56???I might need a base for the next Panam race:eek:

12. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

I WANT THIS THING!!!! any more pics of it??

[​IMG]

This guy isn't a douche; he won't scrap any vehicles that are near complete nor running. He just doesn't normally sell stuff and is in the mood to now. (Something about keeping agricultural status to save close to $40k a year in taxes by adding more cows, which means leveling more of this property.)

Hope you've enjoyed the pics.[/QUOTE]

13. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

I think a Marlin with panel paint an bellflowers would be awesome..... Maybe you should help this guy sell these and see if he'll give ya one as a finder's fee. What's the toouring car in front of the 57 ford?

14. sled

sled

[/QUOTE]

Poncho,too bad that this thing is'nt for sale,check what OP said previously ..otherwise i would have already stepped in myself..this thing is RAD!!!!

15. Heo

Heo

We had one of those when i was a kid in the
    late 60s but badged BMC with a small 4cyl
    diesel man it was slow. But it had red leather
    interior and wooden dash.
    Remember one time when we loaded a model T
    on the roof when we got home we couldent
    open the doors we had to climb out of the windows

16. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great back story:

Owner claims 4 remain of the 16 made. Seriously lavish inside - all teak and marble. His uncle won it in a poker hand in 1976, less than 2 years old. (Okay, his uncle won a plane actually, then drunken with another friend tried to FLY his new acquisition. Neither had any experience. They crashed it taxiing. Then he traded the plane for this Daystar all in the same night!) Unreal. Bet it's worth more than the plane would be 34 years later...

No way he'd part with this, sorry fellas.

17. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

BMC... I knew there was one I couldn't remember, that's who ACTUALLY designed and built the car.

18. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Dunno but it is a keeper. He's saved a '30s Packard or Studebaker hood with a grandiose vision of merging them into a boattail speedster.

Yes, most are solid builders. The Buick Super is quite rotted - 'bout the only one that I noticed.

Likewise, I was diggin' that Merc wagon. The roof has some large dents and the lower tailgate is rotted. Are they prone to deteriorating there? Looked out of place.

[​IMG]

Guess I'll check on that Stude sled! Wouldn't want to hold you up. ;)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  19. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Just beyond right front fender.

20. Those Mercury tail lights on that wagon are worth more than the crush weight.Marlin trim is very rare to come by....I would like that Sublime Mopar please! Not fair to make a guy cry in his corn flakes.....

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Dig the Checker airport limo. Take the whole family or car club to a run.
    Imagine the block sanding and the upholstery bill!!!!

22. abone1930

abone1930

P.M. Sent

23. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Just off the phone with owner guys and will be here responding to PMs for a bit. :)

As an update on the non-HAMB friendly Mopar - it isn't going anywhere until he gets the hood returned. He's not interested in passing it along as-is. Thanks for the inquiries though.

Few more of the same cars, different angles:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. id like to get the 70 coronet but dont have the space or the money

is there anyway to get more pics of the 57 ford?

25. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

I'll take more pics of the '57 Ford. That was one car I chose not to trek across 100' of mud and merely zoomed in on. Another HAMBer has already inquired about parts, so it is on my list.

Here is a car that I haven't posted yet, a mainly original gold paint '53 S&S combination hearse/ambulance:

[​IMG]

Attendants seats are still in the back. No evidence of any rollers though. Must have had a removable rack. I really like this one because it is so0Oo solid; great builder and platform for a bike hauling kustom! Decided against picking up another project however. If someone can provide a good home, I'll take you to another spot, 30 miles north of where the S&S is, so you can snag the front end off this '53 parts car:

[​IMG]

26. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

^^^^^^^^^LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE THORNS!!!!
    Take a chainsaw, long sleeves & aBIG box of bandaids.
    Al:cool:

27. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

Cool and thank you for sharing these with us very nice thanks ..gord

28. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

How can we get parts from the 53 mor-dor?
    Al

29. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

That van is awesome...get it running and thats it...sweet ride.

30. doctorZ

doctorZ

aerobus!!!!!! YESSS!!!!!