Register now to get rid of these ads!

Private junkyard tour--Divco, Diamond T, Ford, Chevy, etc etc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Ahhh the beauty soon followed by the reality. These should be saved. As each day goes by each one of these are closer to the point of no return.....:eek:

I'll take the Suburban, seriously I will just PM the info.

2. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I just love these types of pics.....Thanks....

3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I dont see any "junk".
    The fuel truck would be a wild hauler.

4. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

thanks for sharing the pics pov that made my lunch for sure man

5. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Dial-up??? Wow, you are traditional.... :rolleyes:

6. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

Dang, I'm trying to get some work done, and you go an post pictures like that.

Got any more?

7. skidsteer

skidsteer

Thanks for the tour. I would have liked that Plymouth coupe, but before it morphed into a pickup --- wow, what a concept.

8. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Since the Plymouth is already morphed into the piccup, would be cool to see someone finish it out right. But would probably be confused for a Ute. Just glad to see they are at least being saved at this point and you said he'd probably sell whole units but is too busy to part them out. Saw a lot of scrap metal (appliances and such) piled up and heading for the shredder, but the cars and trucks looked safe for now. Thanks for sharing on the HAMB and just maybe getting the word out like this will save a few of them that would have never had a chance again otherwise.................

9. ShouldaWouldaCoulda

ShouldaWouldaCoulda

Povertyflats, Sir, you've done the next best thing to being there for us.

I was at first bent by the overlarge formatting, (shoot, gotta move the mouse left to right, poor me), then got so into the detail it provided my eyeballs, I was smelling the baked interiors, cooked motor oil, and feeling the warmth of the Sun.

Thank you!

We NEED these pockets of dreams.

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

povertyflats,
    Wow....thanks for sharing that memory lane....
    You spent your lunch hour.....I would love to spend a Vacation Day or TWO there.
    Really enjoyed that old "ART"
    Cheers,
    Bob

11. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Thanks for the pictures, got my pulse up and my heart pumping.:)

12. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Thanks, PovertyFlats, great pix! No swing-away windshield on this pickup. Does that mean it's the post-war version? Wasn't '41/2 the end for that?
    [​IMG]

13. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

That White wasn't to shabby.

14. scotts52

scotts52

Love to have the White COE!

15. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

QUOTE: "I love walking through these places and looking at what used to be someone's pride and joy, trying to imagine the good times and bad times that happened in these old hulks. Its surreal to be very quiet around these once noisy machines so that all you hear is the wind-blown tall grass that grows around them. Maybe I'm a little weird." -- furyus

QUOTE: "Povertyflats, Sir, you've done the next best thing to being there for us . . . I was smelling the baked interiors, cooked motor oil, and feeling the warmth of the Sun. We NEED these pockets of dreams." -- ShouldaWouldaCoulda

NOT weird. You 2 guys just said very well what ALL of us love about visiting old boneyards! The sentiment is ALWAYS the same, but no 2 guys say it the same way. I really dig that, 'cause that's another super-COOL part of the hobby that we love! We can't all visit junkyards in every state and Canada, but with HAMBers posting what's near THEM, we can all take these virtual tours, which is the SECOND best thing to being there. -- Jimi'sHemi291

16. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Good stuff, glad to see that stuff still holding up pretty well.

I wish we had a yard closer to where I am with some vintage metal in it.

Thanks for taking us on that tour.

17. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Your definition of bad shape and mine must be waaaaay different. I don't much there that isn't buildable... great rodding material

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thanks for all the comments and I am glad you guys liked the photos. Been getting alot of PM's from folks who did not bother to read my first comments who want to buy parts off of these vehicles and have them shipped. HE IS NOT DOING THAT as far as I know. You would have to come here and buy the whole vehicle and remove your own parts. I am telling you guys they are rough and not nearly as solid as they look in the photos. You can keep ignoring me if you want to.......

19. ShouldaWouldaCoulda

ShouldaWouldaCoulda

Povertyflats, you've created a neat thread. While looking at your great pix yesterday, I was wondering where the pix I took back in 2003 might be.

I found them right where I left them,(whodathunkit). My pal John Lane and I were itchy to go adventuring one Saturday, after I saw an ad for a 37 Ford Panel truck being sold in the local Star Tribune Paper. I won't give away the location for the farmer many miles west of Minneapolis, as he graciously gave us a guided tour starting with the 37, and all the "outside" vehicles, then those in old sheds, then the newer pole barns, then the warehouse... it dawned on John and I about the same time that we were being allowed a "peak" into another world that we didn't live in. Beyond the last "holding warehouse" for all the muscle car's, tractors, and every vintage complete vehicle, was the "brand new" warehouse that housed the fully restored stuff, we didn't get to see.

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

20. ShouldaWouldaCoulda

ShouldaWouldaCoulda

And more ...

Attached Files:

21. ShouldaWouldaCoulda

ShouldaWouldaCoulda

And more ...

Attached Files:

22. havi

havi

Subscribing. If I had the funds, I'd seriously look at that '41 Ford and tonner+

23. koolratrods

koolratrods

24. koolratrods

koolratrods

i would not want parts ,would have to be the whole car,wonder if he has a tractor to help push or pull or lift?

25. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

I want it all.

26. p.c.

p.c.

hey, i know this is a long shot, but is there any way to get info on how to contact the owner of that yard. I'm on a major search for a Divco truck just like the one pictured. Early model, short wheelbase style.

Finders fee for anyone who helps me.

thanks, ([email protected])

27. p.c.

p.c.

I need help on locating a divco truck as pictured. Early model, short wheelbase style.
    finders fee for leads that result in a buy. WHERE IS THIS GUY?

thanks, [email protected]

28. desotot

desotot

weep weep sob
    [​IMG]

29. moefuzz

moefuzz

Can't you read?

30. I'd love to find a Divco like that too. Wish it was closer. Work would probably only let me get away with something that's a days drive away and back