Register now to get rid of these ads!

Previous owner bitching

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dr_X, Sep 10, 2010.

1. brad chevy

brad chevy

Heck,we"ve got a car flipper here in Fla,no name mentioned who will buy a car for $5000,turn around and advertise and sell it for $15000,hell more power to him,hes good at what he does,but of course he doesn"t get much return customers.If you sell me a car with a blown engine and needing paint for $1500 and I put an engine in it and paint it there is no telling what I will sell it for,but rest assure there will be profit made .

2. I actually had one deal that was similar but in reverse. I bought a nice solid 64 chev pickup for 550$, spent about 10 hours and 100 bucks on some bodywork and primer, a tuneup and clutch adjustment, and some carpet. Then sold the truck for $5500. A couple months after that the buyer ran into the previous owner and was told what I paid for the truck. He called me and said I should be ashamed of my nearly 900% profit. I said no, I was quite proud, and pointed out that with about $250 worth of paint and materials he could up the value closer to 10 grand and make another 4000 bucks profit for himself, then go look for another 500$ truck and start again.

3. roundvalley

roundvalley

If it didn't work this way, there would be a hell of alot less hot rods saved and on the road.

4. That's awesome!! Why be done flipping cars? That's how you make money! Hell ask him if he has any more cars he wants to sell!

5. magoo

magoo

if you had lost money on it ,would he offer to make up the difference

6. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

That is rich. You did something right when you get a call like that!

Your contract with him was completed when the money hit his palm.

Where was he when you risked $500 fixing it? Did he lend a hand doing repairs?

People that dumb scare me. He must be a politician ;)

7. swsimon

swsimon

Who cares he got what he wanted. If you then put money into it and was not able to sell and recoup your investment would he make up the difference.I don't think so. Don't let this stop you from doing what you like to do.

8. Tell that Loser to get a life ! If He offers something for a price, You pay that price, it's over....If He has regrets later, He should cry privately, not bitch out loud ! Some people just can't grow up !

9. M.Edell

M.Edell

Oh yes..quite familiar with morons like that...

10. Ummm...what he said!

11. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Ask for his tough shit ticket and stamp it for him.

12. Tell the dumb bastard as long as he remains stupid you will buy all his shit!!!

13. Greezeball

Greezeball

Ha ha ha this is awsome. I had something similar a guy I worked with mom wanted to get rid of a car that was in her back yard she asked him if he wanted it and he said no he asked me if i was interested and I said sure got the car free washed it put a battery in it and sold it 2 days later for 2 grand then the idiot called me a scam artist and that I should be ashamed of myself and that I ripped his mom off. I told him that if he was so concerned about his mom why didn't he wash the tree sap off and put a battery in it and stick out front of her place with a for sale sign in it 'cause that's all I did? I know why 'cause he's too fuckin' lazy and couldn't be bothered. Lazy people like to blame others for their short comings because it's easier than fixing themselves. They're LAZY! Oh ya it only took me 2 hours to clean that car up. $1000 per hour is pretty good motivation as far as I'm concerned.

14. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

I remember way back in '62 when I sold my '57 Chevy 150 with a rebuilt Corvette motor for $500. About 3 months later the guy that bought it called me and said the ingnition switch went bad.....I asked "and so?", he said that I should pay for it!!! LOL!!! I learned then to put on all Bills of Sale (over 4,000 since then),Sold As-is, Where-is, No Warranty. All Sales Final.

15. 31fordV860

31fordV860

America was made great by guys like yourself....that clown who sold you the truck ...not so much..

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

My one Story that stands out.Was a time I bought a 62 GT Hawk Stude 289,4 speed car, locally from a Nutty,Hippy chick about 10 years ago for $1500 not running.I did nothing to it but list it on Ebay and it got up to $7500.She called me on the phone yelling and screaming and that she was going to sue me! lol..And that her boyfriend was going to take care of me...lol..I never laughed so hard..all the way to the bank in fact..

17. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Thats funny as hell.....:D

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

HaHaHa! That says it all!

19. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

F*#K him, I would ignore that bastard, you did what he couldn't

20. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

That's happened to me also.

Some people think they should get lifetime warranties on things they buy used. Family and friends are the worst, too.

21. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Oh damn well. His loss.

22. We should all be looking for dumbshits like him... long live dumbshits!!!

23. Family and Friends are the first ones to screw you!

24. An old boy told me long ago. "You make your money when you buy something, not when you sell it" Evidently you've learned that, but the seller hasn't. Good score.

25. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

26. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Went through the same thing on a non car collectable item. Was at a shop when a guy came in to sell an antique rifle. After the owner bought it for pennies on the dollar, I asked if I could look at it and asked what he was going to ask for it. He marked it up 50% and I bought it. Two days later he calls me at home and reads me the riot act for buying it so cheap. I told him I paid exactly what he asked, and did he call the PO and tell him he cheated him on the deal? And if I brought him more money would he send the PO the extra?

27. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

And you are worrying because......

28. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

This is pretty common at swapmeets on vendor set up day. I bought six old truck headlight buckets from military trucks for $20, sold two pairs of them for $40 a pair and had two left to make tail lights for the hotrod. One of the pairs left, the other ended up on yet another sellers space for $60 and last I had seen it hadn't sold. Did the same with hood scoops the previous year. I've pondered not hauling anything to the swapmeet, just take $500 and buy up stuff the first day to flip, a heck of a lot less work. No sympathy for swapmeet stuff, that's fair. Sometimes if it's a good deal from a buddy under the pretext of a deal for personal enjoyment that is really just for resale, that's sorta lame.

29. The Shocker

The Shocker

I have done what you descibed many times and made good money at it on old cars.Didnt know it was a crime to actually make money at something you like doing.Good for you and tell that guy you bought it from to get over it .So long as you gave the man his asking price for the car ,he really has no room for complaints ...

30. silversink

silversink

Can't fix it either